Splash is an international development organization founded in 2007 and headquartered in Seattle, WA. Our mission is simple: we clean water for kids. To date, we have reached over 430,000 children in cities around the world. In 2019, we are embarking on an exciting, five-year initiative, Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone), to reach every government school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Kolkata, India with improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure, WASH behavior change programs, and strengthened school-based menstrual health programs. This $45M Project will benefit one million children by 2023.
Our core values guide everything we do, including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People – People first. People second. People third.
- Quality – Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty – No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy – Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes – Make them, don’t repeat them.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To learn more, please visit www.splash.org
The Development & Operations Coordinator is a member of Splash’s Development team, while serving as a resource for Operations and Management. The Coordinator will play a critical role in helping Splash reach its ambitious fundraising goals by processing gifts, maintaining accurate donor records, assisting with donor prospecting, supporting team management, and interfacing with donors and the general public. S/he will also keep the office running smoothly, from meeting scheduling and office management to supporting internal communications and helping onboard new staff members.
We are seeking someone with strong attention to detail who is devoted to data management and ensuring a welcoming environment for donors, partners, and staff. This position offers an excellent opportunity to advance a career in development as well as increase your technical skills in Salesforce, a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system that is widely used among for-profit and non-profit companies, and Tableau, a data visualization software tool used across multiple sectors.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage gift processing, including checks, deposits, and donations through third-party platforms (Classy, Global Giving, Benevity, etc.). Coordinate with Development and Finance staff to ensure proper entry and tracking of gifts, as well as the overall accuracy of donor records in our Salesforce database.
- Ensure timely and accurate donor acknowledgment. Write thank you notes, send emails, order recognition gifts, and assist team members with special projects to show our gratitude to donors.
- Produce weekly and monthly revenue reports for the Development and Finance departments as well as other reports as needed.
- In partnership with the Director of Business Development, manage the team calendar, track departmental expenses against the budget, and compile internal data to help the team measure progress against our work plan.
- Conduct donor prospecting and qualification using DonorSearch and other research tools.
- Support team projects, including e-mail campaigns and special events (from small open house events to our large bi-annual gala).
- Monitor and respond to requests that come through the email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org email accounts.
Office Administration (20%)
- Provide scheduling and administrative support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Answer phones, welcome visitors, receive and send mail, respond to general inquiries, and order office supplies.
- Ensure the Splash office reflects a warm, welcoming, and tidy environment. Maintain office space and coordinate the rotating kitchen-cleaning calendar.
- Organize and support staff events (birthdays, off-site meetings, etc.)
- Provide support for our Human Resources team by coordinating interviews, onboarding new team members, and establishing systems to track global employee data.
- Plan and execute staff activities such as team offsite retreats and events.
- Lead content gathering, creation, review and publishing of Splash’s monthly staff newsletter.
- Identify and recommend improvements in operations and development processes, tools, etc. to optimize impact and resources.
- Associate, BA, or BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of experience in development at a nonprofit organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a constituent relationship management (CRM) system or similar donor database. Salesforce experience is preferred.
- Exemplary organizational skills, including ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and prioritize assignments.
- Solid knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; interest and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to listen, communicate effectively, and build trust among people from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and orientations.
- You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, and sound judgment.
- You prefer being part of a team – you enjoy collaboration and have a genuine interest in learning from others.
- You are innovative and creative – you constantly seek ways to improve quality and accomplish objectives more effectively.
- You have outstanding attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
- You use discretion and diplomacy in dealing with donors, Board members, and colleagues, especially in handling confidential information.
- A sense of humor is a definite plus.
- You have a strong interest in global health and international development.
- You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash’s work and the children we serve.
For more information and to apply, go here.