PeaceTrees Vietnam is a Seattle-based humanitarian organization working in Central Vietnam to assist those whose lives and livelihoods are threatened by the explosive remnants of war through humanitarian mine action and post-clearance development. We also invite people to travel to Vietnam through our Citizen Diplomacy Program to promote people-to-people connections and cultural understanding in Vietnam and the United States. PeaceTrees has four staff in Seattle and nine program management staff in Dong Ha, Vietnam.
PeaceTrees Vietnam seeks a full time Development Assistant to join our small Seattle team. The ideal candidate will have at least a year of professional experience, past exposure to nonprofit fundraising, and be great with details. Candidates must generally be available to arrive at 8:30am and stay until 5pm, 5 days a week. This position will require occasional weekend or evening hours (4-5 times/year).
Primary Responsibilities of the Development Assistant:
General Office Support:
• Share reception duties including answering the phone, responding to caller inquiries, monitoring general email inbox, greeting visitors, receiving and distributing mail, and answering e-mail correspondence
• Assist with general office administration, including ordering supplies, requesting and mailing checks, going to the Post Office, etc.
• Provide administrative support within the organization including coordinating logistics for Board and ED, outreach, board meetings/activities, etc.
• Provide administrative support to Citizen Diplomacy program
• Assist with large mailing projects as needed
• Manage fundraising administrative work, including gifts acknowledgement, data entry, and local check deposits
• Coordinate event logistics, including the Annual Luncheon. This requires a high level of detail and organization
• Provide administrative assistance as needed to Executive Director and Board in support of fundraising efforts
• Maintain and update website content
• Create online, social media, and print content consistent with communications plan for various platforms (Social media accounts, print and online newsletters, annual report, etc.)
Essential skills and qualities:
• Enthusiasm for PeaceTrees’ work in Vietnam
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experience with or the ability to learn other applications as necessary
• Ability to work independently and proactively in an often-quiet office, prioritize and handle simultaneous assignments with success and accuracy
• Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
• Strong writing skills
• Sense of humor
• Experience with CRM software and social media platforms is a plus
Salary and Benefits:
The annual salary for this position depends on experience and will be in the range of $37,500. In addition to base salary, PeaceTrees Vietnam provides full time employees with paid vacation and sick leave, an annual benefit stipend to assist with the payment for non-covered benefits (e.g., health insurance), and support for professional development.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Initial phone screenings will occur the week of June 10th.