Earthworm Foundation is an international dynamic non-profit organization which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature.
Earthworm Foundation is seeking a motivated Data Management Officer, based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, with experience in data management and analysis, excellent communication and writing skills, passionate about working with supply chain data to generate value, and interested in a career with a dynamic non-profit that builds relationships with companies, governments and civil society organizations to bring responsible products to market.
About Earthworm Foundation
Earthworm Foundation currently has presence in 20 countries including Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, India, and several locations within West Africa, Europe and the Americas. We employ more than 200 people worldwide and work with big and small companies, communities and producers of raw materials to create compelling cases of transformation. With an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, we work on the ground with people to create inspiring transformation stories. We focus on creating value, engage without judging and carry hope and a positive vision of the future.
What Makes Us Unique
Beyond providing advice on policy set up based on our strong technical expertise, we see the world through interactions and relationships. Operating between two worlds (NGO-Companies/Buyer-Supplier), we encourage our partners to look inside, and are not only their environmental conscience. In addition to traceability and assessments, we create and innovate solutions to the challenges companies and communities face.
What We Offer
- A unique work experience in a dynamic non-profit directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through supply chains.
- An organic environment with the chance to work in a multicultural team.
- The opportunity to lead complex projects, build customer relationships and develop new business, with exposure to different tasks.
- Implement and streamline data management processes and tools across EF globally;
- Implementation of technology tools and process for our global work in palm oil, particularly with the following tools: Starling, the Upstream Palm Oil Database (UPDB), the Engagement for Policy Implementation (EPI) platform on SupplyShift, and the NCL and other Supplier Engagement tools (HIS, Decision Tree, etc.);
- Develop relationships with members and clients;
- Support members and internal colleagues to develop and implement supply chain traceability, including analysis tools, processes, mapping, and reporting;
- Support members and member managers to deliver Supplier Engagement Program: Risk analysis, standard grievance support, specialized High Impact Supplier engagement support;
- Coordinate implementation with member managers, EF evaluators, and members.
- Bachelor degree or other equivalent higher level training in data management or other related field;
- A minimum of 2 years working experience with businesses ideally in the consumer goods sector on data analysis, supply chain management, procurement, quality control, and/or sustainability;
- Strong organization skills and keen attention to detail;
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze systems and identify key issues and risks;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), particularly Excel, required to enable completion of daily tasks as well as to facilitate data analysis, reporting, project management, internal communications etc.; MS Visio proficiency a plus;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Able to manage highly sensitive information and keep client confidentiality;
- Good understanding and keen interest in environmental and social issues related to palm oil industry.
- English proficiency;
- Bahasa Malaysia fluency.
- Passion for working on issues related to sustainability, resilience, and supply chains.
- Hands-on, practical, innovative.
- Flexibility, takes initiative/proactive and positive attitude.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work autonomously.
- Committed to Earthworm Foundation values:
- Focus on action and on-the-ground results;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Open collaboration and communication;
- Respect for each other.
Working conditions / Physical effort:
- Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia;
- Some trips around Malaysia (if required).
- 1-year contract (renewable);
- Immediate start;
- Malaysian citizenship/valid work authorization required.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV via email to email@example.com by 6th of October 2019. Please put your last name and MalaysiaData2019 in the subject line of the email. Successful candidates will be contacted by email for an initial interview. The position will be open until filled. Only candidates who send a full application will be considered. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
For more information and to apply, click here.