Splash is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” In 12 years, we have reached over 430,000 children in cities around the world. In 2019, we are embarking on an exciting, five-year initiative, Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone), to reach every government school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Kolkata, India with improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure, WASH behavior change programs, and strengthened school-based menstrual health programs. This $44M Project will benefit one million children by 2023.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People – People first. People second. People third.
- Quality – Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty – No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy – Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes – Make them, don’t repeat them.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To learn more, please visit www.splash.org.
The Data and Systems Manager is an experienced leader and responsible for all technology for Splash. This is inclusive of the technology infrastructure that enables our international operations as well as the technical and database systems used by teams across Splash. The manager is accountable for the technical architecture, security, operations and all activities in support of Splash’s technical operations. We are looking for someone who is self-driven, user focused, able to collaborate across teams and geographical boundaries, and who has a passion to stay on top of current technology trends. S/he has the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly and build relationships with in-kind technology donors, partners, peer organizations, and volunteers.
Splash is on the leading edge of nonprofits, utilizing systems like Salesforce, Tableau, Jira, Confluence, Alteryx, CommCare, and Snowflake to inform and strengthen our organization. We are now looking for an inspiring and inspired leader to further our ability to leverage software and technology for good.
- Define and execute against the technology roadmap based on current and future business needs across the organization including Development (donors and grantees), Programs, HR, Finance, and Operations.
- Administer and maintain a technology stack that includes a SQL based data warehouse. This includes the maintenance and development of ETLs in Alteryx, maintenance of a solution implemented in Alteryx Scheduler as well as Snowflake databases (pilot and production). Databases include Stage, ODS and DWH layers with ODS implemented with Type 6 Historization in a custom Alteryx component written in Python.
- Maintain user facing data sources (DWH layer in Snowflake) available in Tableau, revise data tables as appropriate to meet user needs and potential use cases, build and maintain Tableau reports, and troubleshoot issues encountered across platforms.
- Lead a team of two Seattle based employees who have IT and systems administration/Salesforce accountability as well as two internationally based technology team members.
- Enable the team to identify, scope, implement, and manage Splash’s information technology solutions (e.g., vendor management, procurement, installation, maintenance, operational support, and training).
- In collaboration with the Director of People and Operations, the Technology Administrator and other department and country leaders, develop annual technology budget for all hardware, software, maintenance and improvements. Monitor costs and manage to budget.
- Acts as a champion of the end user experience and operational effectiveness, including identifying needs and opportunities to improve system design, workflow and related processes, and participating in process design, change management, training, and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related engineering field
- Experience with ETL Tools (Alteryx or similar tools such as Informatica, Microsoft SSIS)
- Experience developing and maintaining a reporting and analytic system (Power BI, Tableau, Qlicktech)
- Experience implementing and maintaining large information technology system (e.g., Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle financials)
- Experience with SQL and Python
- 3+ years people management experience and demonstrated success in hiring, growing and retaining talent
- 5+ years developing new technology solutions for business departments
- Have implemented and operated a cloud-based business application (e.g., Workday, ADP, Confluence, Azure 365)
- Proven ability to lead projects across teams with strong communication and partnership
For more information and to apply, go here.