Our team of 300 (and growing rapidly) across offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Washington, DC, Seattle and Copenhagen come with stellar professional credentials from diverse backgrounds and are bound together by our common commitment to social impact.
The Consultant will be an integral part of our International Business team helping to expand our business globally with a focus on Africa. This will involve engaging with core Sattva leadership and delivery teams,conducting market research, engaging with the philanthropic ecosystem and supporting business operations that help us to grow our presence in the region. As a Consultant, your analytical skills, entrepreneurial skills,collaborative skills and commitment to impact will be called upon from day one. You will be responsible for:
● Business Development
o Support the international business team on developing and executing business strategies that help expand our global presence, with a focus on Africa and Europe
o Keep abreast of existing and emerging trends within the social impact space, conduct market analysis to understand the priorities across various stakeholders and sectors globally
o Undertake on-going research to identify business opportunities for Sattva, evaluate its fitment and relevance based on identified criteria and present synthesized analysis to enable decision making
o Assist the international business team with the development of well-researched, well-articulated pitch decks for prospective clients
o Participate in prospective client meetings and effectively capture key needs and requirements,support in translating it to succinct proposals
● Partnership Development
o Lead the process to identify suitable partner organisations (individual consultants, consulting firms, NPOs) for Sattva in the region – including drafting and dissemination of ToRs for project specific requirement
o Support the regional lead in verifying the credentials, capability, and fitment of prospective partners
o Support the regional lead in defining and negotiating scope of work, and commercial agreements with prospective partner
o Support Sattva admin/project staff with finalisation on partner contracts, invoice processing etc.
● Project Delivery
o Act as the conduit between India based delivery teams, and regional partners – ensure seamless coordination with regional teams to enable quality and on-time delivery of projects
o Ensure effective stakeholder management by participating in key project – act as point of contact for local clients and regional client teams
At Sattva, our goal is realizing impact on the ground and to drive a collective win by engaging with multiple stakeholders. We are looking for passionate individuals who align with our vision and have the following profile:
● Minimum 2 years of experience working in the development sector in Africa
● Strong understanding of the development context in East Africa in at least one of the following domains – education, gender equality, agriculture, public health, livelihoods, and employment.
● Knowledge of and established network amongst development professionals and social purpose organizations in the region
● Knowledge of the funding landscape for development in Africa – especially in the context of European organizations with interests in the region
● Entrepreneurial nature with a mindset to get things done in a dynamic and fast paced environment
● Exceptional problem-solving and advisory skills and the ability to communicate complex information effectively with a strong attention to detail
● Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
● Strong data analysis, powerpoint presentation and writing skills
● Flexibility in working with a global team across continents
We cultivate a supportive and inclusive work environment for all our employees and reinforce diversity in our workplace. All applications regardless of race, religion, caste, color, place of origin, gender, sexuality, disability and age will be welcome and will be fairly evaluated as per the requirements of the role. At this time we are unable to sponsor visa requirements for any international applicants.
To learn more and apply, click here.