About PeaceTrees Vietnam:
PeaceTrees Vietnam is a Seattle-based humanitarian organization working in Central Vietnam to assist those whose lives and livelihoods are threatened by the explosive remnants of war through humanitarian mine action and post-clearance development. We also invite people to travel to Vietnam through our Citizen Diplomacy Program to promote people-to-people connections and cultural understanding in Vietnam and the United States. PeaceTrees has four staff in Seattle and ten program management staff in Dong Ha, Vietnam.
PeaceTrees Vietnam seeks a full time Community Engagement Coordinator to join our small Seattle team. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of professional experience, past exposure to nonprofit fundraising and event planning, be friendly and diplomatic with volunteers, supporters, and board members, a strong writer, and great with details.
In addition to leading coordinating local events and providing administrative and program support for our Seattle office, this person will have the opportunity to travel to see our work on-site in Quang Tri Province, Vietnam.
Although all members of our U.S. staff are currently working remotely, we anticipate that in-office hours will resume at some point in the future. We expect that employees will continue to have the option to work some remote hours, depending on organizational needs.
Event Planning and Outreach – 30%
- Coordinate fundraising and stewardship events, including primary responsibility for logistics and planning of the Annual Luncheon. This requires a high level of detail and organization.
- Develop a Community Engagement plan for each year addressing events and outreach opportunities
- Coordinate community engagement opportunities for the organization – i.e. tabling and speaking opportunities
- Coordinate partnership building with local organizations
Fundraising – 25%
- Manage donation processing including gifts acknowledgement, donation recordkeeping, and preparation of deposits.
- Track project donations and fundraising goals and create donation reports as needed
- Update and maintain donor database (GiftWorks)
- Provide assistance as needed to Executive Director and Board in support of fundraising efforts
- Provide administrative support for Fundraising Committee and Luncheon Committee
Essential Program Support – 25%
Assist with planning and development of Citizen Diplomacy Trip Program (2-4 trips/year), including:
- Collecting, verifying, and organizing all traveler information
- Acting as primary point of contact re: logistics for the trips, itinerary distribution, creation of traveler packets, and organization of pre-trip meetings
- Track Payments and send out reminders as needed
- Work with travel agent and insurance provider to buy tickets and secure travel insurance
General Office Support – 20%
- Oversee office operations including: answering the phone, responding to caller inquiries, monitoring general email inbox, greeting visitors, receiving and distributing mail, answering e-mail correspondence, ordering supplies, requesting and mailing checks, going to the Post Office, etc.
- Provide administrative support within the organization including coordinating logistics for Board and ED, outreach, board meetings/activities, etc.
- Manage mailing projects as needed throughout the year
Essential skills and qualities:
- 2 or more years of experience working in a nonprofit or small business setting
- Experience with CRM software and donation processing
- Excellent computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experience with or the ability to learn Adobe Creative Cloud services
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding writing skills
- Sense of humor
- Enthusiasm for PeaceTrees’ work in Vietnam
Self-motivated, with a demonstrated ability to work independently and handle simultaneous assignments while adapting to changing deadlines and priorities with success and accuracy
Salary and Benefits:
The annual salary for this position depends on experience and will be in the range of $45,000 -$50,000. In addition to base salary, PeaceTrees Vietnam provides full time employees with paid vacation and sick leave, an annual benefit stipend to assist with the payment for non-covered benefits (e.g., health insurance), the opportunity to enroll in our 401(k) plan, and support for professional development.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Initial phone screenings will occur the week of August 10th.