WGHA connects and informs Washington’s global health community, creating a culture of collaboration at home so our members can have more impact in the world. Founded in 2007, WGHA was the first organization of its kind and has more than 70 members working to achieve health equity.
WGHA brings members together through virtual events and conversations designed to advance common goals, share best practices, and foster collaboration across organizations and disciplines. Learn more at www.wghalliance.org.
The Communications Manager is responsible for managing WGHA’s brand and messaging, developing its external communications including website and social media, producing its biweekly e-newsletter Field Notes, and cultivating relationships with and quarterly events for WGHA’s member communication leads.
A successful candidate is a strong writer who thrives in a team environment. WGHA seeks candidates who are creative, collaborative, relational, strategic thinkers and attentive to detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and lead WGHA’s communications strategy and brand management
- Cultivate relationships with WGHA’s member communications leads
- Source, write, and send Field Notes, WGHA’s e-newsletter
- Set and execute the social media strategy and develop all social media content
- Manage WGHA’s website including strategy, architecture, and content
- Develop and execute quarterly programming for communications leads
- Support WGHA’s programming and events by collaboratively developing concepts and leading event marketing, event communications, and live tweeting
- Serve as the executive producer for WGHA’s annual gala, Pioneers of Global Health Awards Program, including developing the program, securing speakers, and writing the event script
- Manage relationships with external communications-related vendors
COMPETITIVE APPLICANTS WILL HAVE:
- 5 – 8 years of experience in communications or related field
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a small team
- Ability to take initiative and move things forward amid competing demands
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A commitment to mission driven work and interest in global health
- Advanced skills in MS Office required
- Knowledge of public health, global health, or healthcare a plus
- Experience with CRM system, Photoshop, and MailChimp a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Full time, 40 hours/week, with the ability to work occasional evening and weekend events
- Compensation commensurate with experience
WGHA believes that diversity drives innovation. We welcome people from all backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Add yours to our team by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis with priority given to applications received by August 10, 2020, with the subject line: Communications Manager Application.