One Equal Heart, a vibrant, visionary nonprofit organization dedicated to connecting indigenous leaders and communities in Mexico with tools to thrive, seeks a passionate and experienced Communications & Donors Relations Coordinator to contribute to our efforts to support high-impact, community-driven development. Founded in 2006, One Equal Heart works for long-term, lasting change by partnering with Mexican nonprofit organizations to support programs that harness a community’s cultural, spiritual, and environmental resources to alleviate poverty and achieve wellbeing. We do this by supporting leadership training and community education with a focus on:
- Growing Food and Building Economies
- Advancing Human Rights of Women and Children
- Caring for the Environment
- Strengthening Language and Culture
Job Summary: The Communications & Donors Relations Coordinator reports directly the Executive Director to coordinate and support One Equal Heart’s communications and fundraising efforts.
Essential Job Responsibilities: Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Fundraising & Donor Relations (45%)
- Oversees timely acknowledgment of all gifts and grants.
- Manages the donor database, hosted on Little Green Light, ensures accuracy, and provides data, lists, analysis and insights.
- Organizes and coordinates fundraising campaigns, including GiveBIG and the Annual Appeal.
- Serves as the Event Coordinator of the Annual Fiesta (fundraising gala) and staffs the Event Committee.
- Staffs the Local Events & Fundraising Committee of the Board.
- Organizes and executes a Sustaining Donor Campaign to promote annual pledges.
- Plans local (Seattle) programming, including donor gatherings and events, such as presentations, donor appreciation parties, public activities with a mission-focus or that celebrate Mexican culture (4-8 per year).
- Manages and creates communications with current and potential donors, including requests for donations and thank-you acknowledgements.
- Translates materials from Spanish to English (and vice versa), including program reports, for staff and Board use and to generate content for communications.
- Creates the messaging of the organization, formulates development strategies and develops communication content and materials for maximum impact and engagement, through our printed materials, website, Facebook and Instagram.
- Manages reviewing, organizing, and tracking program materials, such as funding proposals, reports, testimonies and photos.
Administrative and other responsibilities (10%)
- Manages administrative tasks at Seattle office, including checking mail, answering phone calls, processing checks, buying stamps, etc.
- Supports Executive Director in the supervision of student internship program and volunteers.
- Represents One Equal Heart at organizational and community events.
Ideal Skills and Qualifications
The Communications & Donor Relations Coordinator will be committed to One Equal Heart’s mission and have fundraising and communications experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write creatively and persuasively in clear and concise language, and the ability to speak with enthusiasm to diverse audiences.
- 1-2 years of demonstrated experience in fundraising and communications and/or marketing.
- Experience working with data management and reporting features with a Customer Relations Management (CRM) system, such as Little Green Light.
- Proficiency in oral and written professional Spanish is required.
- Ease in using technology tools, such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, spreadsheet management, form-building, etc.
- Must work at One Equal Heart’s Seattle office.
- Commitment to One Equal Heart’s mission, programs, and theory of change.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus 1-2 years work experience in nonprofits.
- Personal energy, vision, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, and drive to continually surpass goals and create opportunities.
- Significant analytical, critical thinking, and problem recognition and solving skills.
- Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Knowledge and appreciation of donor confidentiality.
- Candidates must have fluent professional Spanish.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience ($32,000-$35,000), full-time (35 hours per week).
- 20 days of paid time off (vacation, personal leave, holidays)
- Monthly direct deposit to a Health Savings Account
- Application Deadline: As soon as possible. This position will be open until filled.
- Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with position title included in the subject line. Please tell us in your cover letter about:
- Your interest in working for One Equal Heart
- Your qualifications for the Communications & Donor Relations Coordinator position
- Fundraising or communications campaign you have worked on previously.
- Type of CRM (Customer Relations Management) systems that you have experience with.
No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates will be contacted.
One Equal Heart is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and this includes a commitment to listening and learning and to striving to create a team of Board and staff that reflects this commitment.