CRISTA is a family of ministries empowered to serve the needs of the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
If you have been looking for an organization where your faith in Christ is an integral component to all you do, this just might be for you! You will be serving 8 distinct ministries comprised of industries such as education, camps, media, senior care, relief & development and even veterinary medicine. We are a unique expression of God’s love to the world. Come be a part of the CRISTA Family.
The Chief Development Officer (CDO) is accountable for providing Christ centered, service driven and highly professional leadership to Resource Advancement and the overall CRISTA senior executive team. This includes delivering a financially and spiritually healthy performance as a steward of Ministry and CRISTA’s resources. Oversee Resource Advancement. Actively contribute to the overall success of CRISTA Ministries, working towards CRISTA’s Vision and driving the CRISTA Mission Statement. Oversee successful fund development efforts to ensure adequate funding for CRISTA Ministries. Represent CRISTA Ministries externally as requested by the CEO
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
• Honor God through effective decision making that is informed by prayer.
• Continually assesses Resource Advancement Leadership needs. Identify critical training for improving Leadership of Senior Staff and in concert with the Human Resources Department.
• Provide effective and inspiring leadership training for Resource Advancement Senior Staff
• Model CRISTA’s values and three pillars of One Mission, Building Leaders, and Holy Ground.
• Foster a commitment to quality improvement in leadership, programs, systems, and processes.
• In partnership with Human Resources, develop and support ongoing leadership development and succession planning programs for each group within RA.
• Ensure RA’s programs and leaders operate ethically within the spirit, mission, and values of CRISTA Ministries.
• Partner with the CEO to represent CRISTA Ministries with external constituency groups, including donor, community, governmental and private organizations. Develop relationships with pastors and churches.
• Provide leadership throughout CRISTA to increase success of fund development throughout the organization. This will include working directly with stakeholders (ministry leaders, board members, executives, and volunteers) to maximize all fund development efforts.
• As part of CRISTA’s senior executive team, attend ministry activities on a regular basis to evaluate each ministry’s effectiveness in serving intended beneficiaries.
• Partner with ministry leaders to ensure the effective delivery of services to each of the ministries, working together.
• Creates a Flourishing Workplace Culture
• Fantastic Teams
• Life-Giving Work
• Outstanding Growth
• Rewarding Compensation
• Inspirational Leadership
• Sustainable Strategy
• Healthy Communication
2. Fund Development
• Oversee All Fund Development
• Responsible for ensuring effective fund development efforts to meet CRISTA’s yearly donation budget goals for CRISTA and its ministries. This will include:
• Design all fund development campaigns in collaboration with interested leaders
• Mentor ministry leaders, board members, and fund development staff
• Staff management and development
• Track results
• Report financial status and progress monthly
• Coordinate fundraising events
• Policy development
• Budget development and administration
• Major Gifts
• Develop and nurture relationships with current and potential major donors and secure financial support for CRISTA Ministries in accordance with annual goals.
• Develop and nurture relationships with current and potential foundations, supporters and governmental agencies to secure financial support for CRISTA Ministries in accordance with annual goals.
• Planned Giving
• Provide leadership and supervision of CRISTA’s planned giving program to secure financial support in accordance with annual goals.
• Donor Software.
Develop and manage training, support, and maintenance for donor software products and systems, including:
• Salesforce database
• Donor research systems
• Web-based giving
• Gift receipting
• Pledge fulfillment
• Donor tracking etc.
3. Fiscal Management
In partnership with the Chief Financial Officer and Ministry leaders:
• Manage and oversee RA financial and business development strategies to ensure fiscal accountability.
• Oversee business policy development, administrative guidelines, and processes.
• Review and analyze financial reports for RA.
• Support organizational budgeting process within RA.
• Oversee reporting and monitoring of RA performance metrics
Personal conduct that reflects well on CRISTA Ministries and supports our personal conduct policy
Perform all duties consistent with the CRISTA Ministries Mission Statement
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES of the CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER: TBD depending on organization restructure.
• Required: Profession that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
• Required: Agreement and support of CRISTA’s Doctrinal Statement.
• Required: Ability and willingness to lead and interact in spiritual development activities.
• Desired: Previous experience in a position of Christ – Centered leadership
1. Industry Knowledge
• Generally understands technical functions of the Ministries
• Fully understands the technical functions of operations
• Understands the functional systems and processes of the industry
• Understands the operational indicators of success
• Embraces the relevant technologies
2. Business Acumen
• Understands the key financial measures of success
• Recognizes and leverages industry information
• Identifies business levers to drive overall performance
3. Verbal Communication
• Able to speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
• Can get messages across that have the desired effect
4. Written Communication
• Able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
• Can get messages across that have the desired effect
5. Technical Learning
• Picks up on new technical aspects and developments
• Focused on learning new skills and knowledge
• Good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge
• Does well in technical courses and seminars
1. Christ Centered Leadership
• Continually growing in his/her relationship with Jesus Christ
• Called to the mission of CRISTA Ministries Lives out a witness to others
• Integrity & Trust: Does what he/she says he/she will do.
• Conflict Management: Speaks the truth in love
2. Service Driven Leadership – Accountable for meeting the needs of the team and those we serve
• Customer Focus: Accountable for meeting beneficiary / customer needs
• Action Oriented: Leads through example and action
• Use of Resources: Stewards resources to accomplish goals
• Innovation Management: Creates innovative solutions
• Interpersonal Savvy: Emotionally mature
3. Highly Professional Leadership – Accountable for achieving excellence in performance
• Building Effective Teams: Builds powerful teams
• Managing Vision & Purpose: Casts a clear and motivating vision
• Drive for Results: Achieves results
• Quality of Work Output: Demonstrates excellence in performance
• Developing Direct Reports: Develops other leaders
• Required: Bachelor’s degree – Work experience may be substituted for education where relevant.
• Desired: Master’s degree in related field
• 10 or more years of direct industry experience
• 10 or more years of supervising leaders
• 10 or more years of $25 million or greater in budget responsibility
• Five or more years supervising leaders with multiple levels beneath them
In addition to medical, dental, vision and retirement packages we have discount on private PreK-12thGrade Christian School – King’s Schools.
How To Apply
To be considered please go to the link below to submit a brief preliminary application: