This position supports the calling of the organization through planning, designing, leading, and executing major strategies of the “Love in Action” comprehensive campaign. The Campaign Manager will be a key player during a significant period of growth as Medical Teams International triples our capacity to better meet the needs of those who are hurting in our world.
- Work with leadership to develop and lead a campaign strategy to achieve the campaign goal.
- Create and implements a campaign plan including: Lead and major gifts; community gifts; campaign communications; donor recognition and stewardship.
- Collaborate with staff in the implementation of all systems, strategies, and plans to effectively coordinate responsibilities for the campaign.
- Recruit and manage campaign volunteers and provide primary staff support to the Campaign Committee comprised of Board members and other key volunteer leaders. Plan and support monthly Campaign Committee meetings and occasional meetings with individual members in between committee meetings.
- Engage the Board of Directors in fundraising and the identification of donor prospects; In Collaboration with the Director of Advancement and the VP; trains volunteer leaders and staff in the pursuit of major gifts.
- Manage a major gift portfolio including individual, foundation, and corporate donors and prospects; serves as a major gift solicitor.
- Develop and manage a targeted pipeline of qualified prospects through research and cultivation efforts.
- Develop and Implement donor engagement strategies designed to cultivate and secure new gifts, as well as increase support from existing donors.
- Develop and implement a strategic communication plan to promote the campaign in collaboration with Director of Advancement.
- Manage and direct campaign activity for the Director of Advancement and the VP of Marketing and Development.
- Develop and execute on the collateral necessary for the campaign to succeed in collaboration with Marketing and Development.
- Develop and execute the various events necessary for the campaign to succeed with the Donor Engagement Team.
- Attend local, regional and international meetings for team collaboration and relational one-to-one engagement/cultivation of donors.
- When appropriate engage volunteers in fundraising and office functions.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams’ Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection, and Harassment-Free Workplace policies.
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Master’s degree and/or CFRE.
- Minimum 3 years’ capital campaign management.
- Demonstrated familiarity with a variety of CRM and/or fundraising databases such as Sales Force and Raiser’s Edge.
- Successful career growth leading to significant responsibilities in a nonprofit organization.
- Front-line fundraising with substantial development background.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics 365.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Ability to write compelling fundraising letters, proposals, and acknowledgements.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professional demeanor with demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive relationships with senior staff, board members, and major donors.
- Successful track record of soliciting and closing major gifts.
- Ability to identify, Qualify and engage prospective donors from outside Medical Team’s existing donor base; knowledge of Seattle-area and/or Portland, OR-area philanthropic communities desired.
- Deep knowledge of best practices in campaign and major gifts fundraising and ability to apply this knowledge to guide strategy.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to produce results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to strategize, set and meet goals.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with experience writing winning proposals.
- Knowledgeable about all aspects of a comprehensive campaign.
- Knowledgeable about all aspects of moves management in the context of donor relations.
- Knowledgeable about front-line fundraising.
- Knowledgeable about care and engagement of donors to the mission of an organization.
- Ability to create and manage budgets, making appropriate adjustments as necessary.
- Ability to manage projects to satisfactory completion.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Teams, Power point and Excel or related software.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner to donors, volunteers, and the public.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Skilled at building and maintaining a high functioning, high performing work team.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Requires frequent use of personal computer, including word processing, database programs; calculator, telephone, copy machine, and fax machine.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
For more information and to apply, click here.