As a member of the firmwide Marketing Department, this position is responsible for supporting the team’s Business Development Specialist(s) and Lead(s) in the following areas for firmwide practice and industry teams: sponsorships, memberships, directories, budgets, website and bio administration, HTML email administration, awards and surveys, and events. This position works with marketing staff, firm leadership and attorneys to address their needs within established goals and values.
- Manage practice/industry team sponsorships and memberships, including budget tracking.
- Analyze and maintain associated budgets with guidance from Business Development Specialist(s) and Lead(s).
- Develop directory, award and survey responses for approval; handle submissions accordingly.
- Assist with the planning and execution of events for practice and industry teams.
- Generate practice and industry content (e.g., news, bios) for intranet, external website, social media and firm membership websites.
- Conduct sponsorship/event audits post event to evaluate program effectiveness and integrate into future initiatives.
- Manage practice and industry team website updates, including the development and distribution of HTML email campaigns. Update mailing lists as needed.
- Develop best practices for implementing sponsorships and for participation in surveys and directories.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal and external groups to meet/exceed established goals.
- Assist Business Development Specialist(s) and Lead(s) with data entry in knowledge management database (Deals & Cases) to keep experience lists up to date.
- Work with Marketing Communications team to leverage firmwide communications and planning.
- Responsible for leveraging the value of each sponsorship and tracking effectiveness.
- Perform various marketing and business development tasks as assigned.
- Regular attendance.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or PR required, or similar work experience.
1+ years of marketing experience required, experience in professional services marketing a plus.
Skills and Abilities
Ability to provide direction and guidance in marketing efforts.
Establish internal client service principles to create a consistent experience.
Identify and react to clients’ needs, based on the ability to understand their unique personality, work style and area of practice, industry or department.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members and other business contacts.
Proven budgeting, project management, organizational and planning skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and meet deadlines.
Proven ability to think creatively, using good judgment and decision-making.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
Experience working within a CMS system preferred.
Familiarity with SmartSheet or other time management/project management tools preferred.
Produce work that is consistent, accurate, thorough and demonstrates attention to detail. Set high standards and produce high-quality work.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing, appropriate for the job description.
Lane Powell is an office environment with no hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. It is a demanding and stressful work environment, frequently requiring the ability to handle multiple priorities under strict deadlines. Employees are expected to work effectively as part of a diverse team.
Frequent keying, sitting, standing and lifting 10+ lbs.
Expected Hours of Work:
40 hours a week.
Lane Powell PC is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications for employment from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. If you need reasonable accommodations to apply for any position, please let us know. All employment decisions, practices and procedures are carried out without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, political ideology, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or any other applicable legally protected status. This policy applies to all personnel activities including employment, promotion, transfer, compensation and termination.
For more information and to apply, click here.