We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Capital, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently, and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 450+ people from 50 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with a 40%+ female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 26 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit www.dalberg.com.
Maximize your potential. Tackle the world’s toughest problems. Build expertise in areas that matter to you. Become a global development leader.
Application Deadline: 11:59 pm EST on May 31, 2019
|You recognize that the challenges the world faces in economic development and social impact are more urgent than ever, and the time to act is now. You are passionate to apply your extraordinary private sector strategy skills and rigorous analytical capabilities to issues that are of personal and global importance. You excel at creative problem solving and generating actionable recommendations, and you hope to grow and steward the next generation of social impact leaders in a firm you can call your own.
Associate Partners Will Bring:
- Three years or more of consulting experience with at least one year as Senior Manager, Engagement Manager, Director, Principal, or similar senior management position with a leading strategy or management consultancy (mandatory requirement)
- Deep understanding and expertise in international development, demonstrated by exposure to global issues such as economic development, global health, education or environment
- Ability to become a trusted advisor to board-level officials in the public and private sector
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environment of public agencies, multilaterals or similarly complex environments
- Excellent team leadership, coaching and mentoring skills honed by overseeing direct reports in a variety of situations
- Energy and desire to build a highly entrepreneurial firm alongside committed, unique and talented founders and leaders
- A related graduate degree is a plus
|What You Will Do and How You Will Grow
Associate Partners will bring their mastery of problem solving and client service honed in private sector strategy consulting to bear on complex challenges in the social impact space. Associate Partners will have impact from day one in every engagement that they generate and direct, and will play an outstanding role in the stewardship of the firm. Associate Partners are on a direct path to equity partnership and will perform a variety of key functions including:
- Engage a strong entrepreneurial spirit and unique perspective to help shape the firm, including building new service lines and growth opportunities that are of passion to you
- Broaden, deepen and own meaningful client relationships with access to the extensive networks of the global partnership
- Guide consultant teams on projects to ensure the best and highest quality solutions are delivered to our clients
- Lead and mentor diverse and talented staff members in their professional journeys
- Become a global thought leader and public face of the firm in your areas of expertise
- Help us expand our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion and change institutional practices that present barriers to different groups
- Be a change-maker within a truly global, mission-driven organization that is as much family as firm
What We Offer:
The Associate Partner opportunity is a launch pad to global leadership in one of the world’s most dynamic firms, working at the vanguard of social impact and economic development. We offer:
- A direct track to equity partner
- A highly collaborative, flat, and entrepreneurial organization with the ability to make an impact on day one
- Engagement with complex and stimulating projects and various technical/service areas across our different offices and regions, and across a diverse client mix
- A uniquely talented, highly diverse, passionate and fun team that we are proud to call friends
- Hands-on mentorship from the most senior leaders in global development
- Robust knowledge base and client networks to explore and engage as you build your platform
- Reduced travel schedule compared to typical management consulting positions, and a culture supportive of employee work/life balance and bringing one’s whole self to work
- Competitive benefits and career development opportunities
|About Our Clients
|Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
|Join Our Team!
|Our current opportunities are in New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, DC.
Your application should include a resume and cover letter highlighting your experience in the strategy consulting and social impact sectors.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Click here to apply for this position.
Dalberg is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. Employment in Dalberg US offices is contingent on the candidate having the requisite authorization to live and work in the United States.