We are seeking an Associate who will provide data management, analysis, and visualization support to inform programmatic and strategic decisions for our clients, including primarily a team within the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The ideal candidate has a Master’s degree and is meticulously attentive to detail with 3-5+ years of relevant experience.
- Start date: April/May 2021
- Hours: Full-time, though part-time will be considered for strong candidates
- Location: Remote
- Compensation: A competitive consulting rate that is commensurate with relevant experience
The Associate’s responsibilities will follow the changing priorities of our clients. Example responsibilities include supporting:
- Data management and statistical programming efforts. This body of work will include more advanced tasks (e.g., data cleaning/wrangling across multiple, complex datasets) as well as routine management (e.g., logically structuring and commenting code for repeated use, updating source data).
- Data analysis and visualization tailored to client priorities. The Associate will contribute to our deliverables, including presentations, briefs, and dashboards.
- Quality assurance checks to ensure flawless deliverables. The Associate will conduct a series of checks we have developed as the final step before his/her deliverables are finalized.
- Efforts to document and publish current programmatic and monitoring efforts. As time allows, the consultant will support our team’s efforts to publish programmatic and epidemiological research.
- Masters in statistics, economics, epidemiology, public health, or related field.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience such as: quantitative analysis/visualization, designing/managing monitoring systems or program evaluations, management consulting, or generating academic publications.
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills; proficiency in Stata is strongly preferred. Candidates proficient in R with a willingness to learn Stata are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience presenting complex information with simplicity; desire to learn Tableau/ArcGIS required.
- Meticulous attention to detail. For example, please use the subject line “Application for Consultancy: Your Last Name” in your email application.
- Demonstrated ability to write succinctly and tailor information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Global health experience, including familiarity with infectious diseases is a plus.
- Self-starter who will thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment by taking ownership and initiative.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, click here.