Days for Girls International
Days for Girls International is an award-winning non-profit that has reached more than 1.7 million women and girls in 144 countries on 6 continents with quality, sustainable menstrual care solutions, and health education. We operate a hybrid model of entrepreneurship and volunteerism, increasing access to menstrual care and education by developing global partnerships, cultivating social enterprises, mobilizing volunteers, and developing innovative solutions that shatter stigmas and limitations for women and girls around the globe. We are a multi-stakeholder ecosystem that is flexible, yet focused on gender equity and empowerment. Days for Girls Chapters and Teams are passionate volunteers dedicated to the DfG mission and to supporting menstrual health locally and globally. Their efforts include advocacy and awareness raising, fundraising, hosting events, sewing and donating DfG Kits, facilitating menstrual health education, and supporting DfG Enterprises and local leaders.
The Associate Chapters Manager oversees the daily operations of the Chapters and Teams Program by supporting and coordinating programs that amplify the effectiveness, positive experience, voice, and stories of Days for Girls Chapters, Teams, and Clubs around the world who help shatter stigma and advocate for menstrual equity, while reaching more women, girls and communities, everywhere. Period.
This is a full-time, remote working position.
- Work closely with the Global Chapters Director to support and create programming for the Days for Girls network of 60,000+ volunteers globally.
- Work with Global Chapters Director to assess needs globally and identify paths and educational opportunities for volunteers to understand and engage in and contribute to DfG’s mission, in alignment with sound sustainable development principles.
- Work with Global Chapters Director to develop processes, policies, and communication that create approachable ways for DfG volunteers to get involved.
- Manage and develop the Chapters Programs staff and volunteer team.
- Work with the Global Chapters Director to help volunteers feel appreciated and recognized while following best development practices.
- Write monthly Chapter Newsletter: featuring volunteer spotlights, feedback from the field, admin announcements, and inspiration. Share stories and spotlights with the DfG communications department so volunteers efforts are recognised and appreciated.
- Oversee volunteer registration, onboarding and ongoing admin for all volunteer programs.
- Ensure timely and accurate responses to volunteer inquiries for support in a way that shows respect and appreciation for DfG volunteers.
- Create and maintain clear, comprehensive resources for all volunteer programs: handbooks, advocacy resources, promotional materials, and event resources.
- Work alongside Global Chapters Director to oversee and coordinate with Global and Regional Sewing Specialists.
- Work with Global Chapters Director to ensure capturing ongoing impact (MLE) of Chapters, Teams, and Clubs.
- Work with the Global Chapters Director and CEO to manage and coordinate DfG Country Programs (including Country Coordinators and state/regional representatives) in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the UK including to coordinate regional and country conferences.
- Work with Global Chapters Director to ensure volunteers have the most positive experience possible with all facets of their involvement with Days for Girls.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years management experience in complex global environments. Experience managing volunteers a plus.
- Management experience or educational background in the international development sector preferred
- Ability to develop teams and leaders; experience in remote management a plus
- BA or BS degree preferred
EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong ability to be self-motivated, take initiative and be flexible and adaptable. Work well in a dynamic environment
- A strong problem solver with a focus on operational efficiency
- Willingness to work odd hours based on international time zones
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly intercultural communication.
- Highly organized and comfortable managing multiple projects and team members.
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Energetic, creative, and resourceful
- Love collaboration, as well as independence and can work well with remote team members and different cultures
- Strong sense of gratitude
- Detail-oriented and conscientious in carrying out responsibilities accurately to completion
- Possess a strong work ethic and operate with a high level of trustworthiness and integrity
- Demonstrated passion for the Days for Girls International mission and desire to make a difference on a global scale.
Compensation & Benefits
Annual salary for this position will be established at the time of hire and will be reviewed at least annually.
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Knowledge that your efforts will have a global and long-term impact
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Position open until filled.
For more information, click here.