POSITION Administrative Assistant, Finance & Operations Team
LOCATION Seattle, WA
Global Partnerships (GP) is an impact-first investor dedicated to expanding opportunity for people living in poverty. Impact-first investing means investing in a way that seeks the greatest possible social impact, while seeking to preserve capital with a modest financial return for investors. GP believes that impact-first investing has an essential role to play in advancing sustainable solutions to poverty for millions of people worldwide.
GP creates and manages impact-first investment funds that make loans and early-stage investments in social enterprises serving people living in poverty in less developed countries, primarily in Latin America and Africa. The GP team is comprised of mission-driven, dedicated, high-performing colleagues working primarily from offices in Seattle, Washington, Bogotá, Colombia, and Nairobi, Kenya. To learn more about Global Partnerships, please visit our website at www.globalpartnerships.org.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Assistant will provide critical administrative support to the Global Partnerships (GP) Seattle headquarters, GP’s offices in Bogotá and Nairobi, and the GP Executive Team. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, proactive, and independent administrative and office assistant who assumes personal ownership on a day-to-day basis for the organization. The person will exemplify GP’s commitment to mission, respect, collaboration, and excellence.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the Seattle office and for supporting the Finance and Operations team as well as supporting GP executives, particularly the CEO. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Administrative Assistant will be based at GP’s global headquarters in Seattle, Washington. Hours are defined as in-office 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, however this may be adjusted occasionally based on daily projects.
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Act as liaison between Leadership, Finance & Operations, Capital & Impact, and Social Investment teams
- Perform and maintain daily opening and closing office procedures
- Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the kitchen, conference rooms, and front desk/personal workspace
- Proactively provide administrative support to the CEO and executive team, including calendaring, travel, expense reporting and meeting support
- Provide critical daily office support including answering and prioritizing telephone calls and responding to email and mail communications
- Organize office events that support teamwork and help cultivate a positive work environment
- Provide all phone- and printer-related training and support
- Ensure office supplies are ordered and maintained
- Proactively manage scheduling for all Board governance activities including Board and Committee meetings and Board retreats
- Handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately, including compiling Board and Committee meeting materials, maintaining corporate minutes and records, and processing financial information
- Independently manage special/administrative projects in dynamic, fast-paced environment with GP’s executive team and the Board of Directors
- Coordinate teleconferences, workshops, meetings, and other events including equipment needs, catering, travel arrangements, hotel, transportation, and other necessary details for staff and guests
- Compile and process expense and credit card reports for all staff monthly
- Support Accounting & Compliance Officer with accounts payable processing for all GP offices and with other accounting responsibilities as needed
- Human Resource related support which includes managing employee timesheets, supporting the recruiting and onboarding process of new employees, and performing other ad hoc requests
- Provide other administrative support for occasional projects as needed
- Exceptional organizational skills and composure needed to work within a fast-paced work environment, including proven ability to prioritize competing demands effectively and adapt easily and quickly to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate within and across teams and across cultures
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; capable of highly professional engagement with colleagues, Board members, donors and partners
- Self-motivated work ethic, proactive; able to see tasks through to completion independently
- Solid attention to accuracy, detail, and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy coupled with sound judgment and problem-solving capabilities
- Proven experience to handle confidential matters with professionalism and discretion
- Embodies GP’s values: Dedicated, Strategic, Collaborative, Aspirational Learner, and Excellence
- Has a passion for GP’s mission to expand opportunity for people living in poverty
- Minimum 2 years’ experience providing administrative and office support to senior executives in a professional environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required
- Ability to reside and work legally in the United States for Global Partnerships (without GP sponsorship) required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Spanish and/or French language skills desired
- Experience using NetSuite desired
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please follow the below link to apply.
Failure to do so may cause a delay in reviewing your application. Interviews with final candidates are required.
Required Application Documents:
- Brief cover letter
Global Partnerships is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on ethnic origin/race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. For priority consideration, please apply by August 7, 2021.
Due to the volume of applications, we will contact only those candidates selected for interviews – no follow-ups, please.
Finalists will be asked to submit references, including name, email, and phone number, of at least two former supervisors. All offers will be contingent upon reference checks as well as a background check.