The Administrative Assistant is a key member of the Administrative team, supporting the administrative department, executives and Lynden International service centers system-wide by performing various administrative tasks as well as supporting the accounts receivable department. Strong communication and customer service skills; ability to work independently, as well as be a team player is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates the office phone system, and serves as main receptionist for 3 Lynden floors
- Greets and interacts with customers, vendors and employees
- Maintains visitor log sheets and issues visitor badges
- Maintains reader board for arriving guests and employee anniversaries
- Maintains employee out of office list and general office calendar
- Maintains a clean and organized lobby area and main conference room
- Contacts building maintenance when needed
- Controls and maintains parking permits for all general office employees
- Maintains building access list
- Maintains employee emergency medical data envelopes
Accounts Receivable Assistance
- Gathers backup billing documentation and information, such as bill of lading, delivery receipts and purchase order numbers
- Requests missing documentation or information from service centers
- Prepares billing invoices, backup or special billing reports to send to customers
- Works with system downloads and excel spreadsheets
- Manual input into customer payment portals
Shipment Document Imaging:
- Prepares, sorts and scans shipping documents
- Performs associated data entry and quality control functions
General Administrative Support Functions:
- Prepares company ID badges for all Lynden subsidiaries
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail and courier packages
- Prepares necessary customs documents as needed for international shipments
- Manages off-site document storage and processes retrieval requests
- Reviews and approves supply orders for forms and supplies distributed to service centers
- Orders office supplies for general office, and researches special item orders
- Point of contact for purchasing questions from Lynden International service centers
- Maintains conferencing process and sets up conference calls when needed
- Arranges for all new employees to attend Lynden tours bi-annually
- Manages vehicle license tab renewals
- Handles facilities duties as assigned:
- Maintains office equipment such as copy machines, fax machine, installs ribbons, toner, etc, as required and arranges for repair/service when requested
- Maintains conference rooms for neatness/cleanliness and configurations
- Arranges for appliance repair/replacement as needed
Other Duties: Provides departmental support on specific administration projects as needed, or requested.
Predictable and consistent attendance required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma required. 2-3 years of office receptionist experience preferred.
Ability to read, comprehend, analyze, and interpret simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; ability to write simple correspondence using proper English grammar; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to work with others, to include the acceptance of advice and the ability to put the organization’s and department’s interest before personal interests.
Must have current Washington state driver’s license, good driving record and ability to operate courier van with automatic transmission.
Must have the ability to work independently and handle a variety of tasks at one time. The applicant must have strong communication and organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and to handle objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with arms and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to work in various outside weather conditions.
For more information and to apply, click here.