*Please include a cover letter describing your interest and how you meet the qualifications for this role.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Global Expense Accounting Team is currently seeking an Accounting Associate, with 1 to 2 years of experience, who will work within the Accounts Payable team to oversee adherence to PATH Accounting policies as well as those of our donors. This position will require superb organizational skills, attention to details, some amount of data entry, and superior customer service skills (in person and via email and phone).
· Sort, scan and route incoming invoices to appropriate PATH staff for payment approval and coding.
· Review payment requests, invoices and other payment forms for accuracy, proper payment authority and proper coding.
· Assist in regular weekly payment runs including: distribution of checks, assembling and filing supporting documentation
· Complete monthly and annual reconciliations of assigned GL accounts within deadlines
· Assist with maintaining global vendor database
· Research and resolve A/P transaction exceptions, problems and inquiries
· Respond to staff and vendor questions/requests regarding payments
· Assist with the annual preparation of Form 1099s in compliance with federal regulations
· Assist with other accounting department responsibilities as assigned
· Assist with monthly, quarterly and year close tasks as needed
Required skills and experience:
· Basic accounting skills and knowledge of accounting processes
· 1 – 2 years of experience working in accounting or finance field
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance field or similar preferred
· Effective communication skills both spoken and written, as well as customer service with both internal and external clients, thrives in a team environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· ERP systems experience is a plus
· Flexibility to work independently and as a team player
· Ability to prioritize tasks and meet policy driven deadlines
· Strong organization skills, attention to detail
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
For more information and to apply, go here.