Attention! This job posting is 15 days old and might be already filled.
The mission of Literacy Bridge is to improve the health, income and quality of life for the world’s most underserved communities. We do this through our flagship resource, the Talking Book—a battery-operated interactive communications tool that records key messages that community members listen to and apply.
Literacy Bridge has grown rapidly over the last three years, driven by the increase of overseas partnership contracts with leading global organizations including UNICEF, CARE, AGRA, and Winrock International. Through these partnerships, we are able to significantly scale up the distribution and use of the Talking Book.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager, Development and Communications will plan and execute a comprehensive fundraising program for the organization with focus on private sector resources. In addition, the Manager, Development and Communications will develop and implement a communications plan, and support evaluation/reports and for public sector resources.
1. Generate annual fundraising goal and plan for individuals, family foundations, professionally-staffed foundations, service organizations and associations.
2. Build database of high-potential major donors and prospects.
3. Work intensively with Executive Director to plan, contact and follow-up on major donors and prospects.
4. Develop and submit strategic private grant proposals
5. Assess and develop events to support fundraising and awareness goals.
6. Develop next-generation communications tools to tell the organization story effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
7. Plan and implement an annual communications plan including key audiences, messaging tools, timeline and expected outputs.
8. Mobilize all organizational resources to participate in the fundraising program;
9. Develop and manage the fundraising budget;
10. Work closely with the Board of Directors on fundraising activities; and
11. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of professional experience in the development (fundraising) field;
• Strong verbal, oral and digital communications skills;
• Excellent writing ability;
• Successful track record in setting priorities and executing plans;
• A team player with a flexible and creative approach;
• Personal values of integrity, respect, dedication and a commitment to the mission and work of Literacy Bridge.
• Familiarity and experience with international aid and development work highly desired.
DETAILS: Full-time (40 hours/week). Salary commensurate with experience. Literacy Bridge offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement plan benefits.
CLOSING DATE: Priority attention will be given to application materials received by June 28, 2017.
APPLICATION: Please send or email resume and cover letter describing your experience to:
1904 Third Avenue, # 417
Seattle WA 98101
← Go back
Apply online →