Attention! This job posting is 15 days old and might be already filled.
||March 7, 2017
|Enable online application?
|Experience Level Needed
||Entry Level (0-5 years)
About Global Washington:
Global Washington supports the global development community in Washington state that is working to create a healthier and more equitable world. Our small and mighty staff team works collaboratively to promote our members, bring them together to spark new ideas and partnerships, and build a network of leaders improving lives around the world. With over 160 members, including some of world’s most respected companies, NGOs, academic institutions and foundations, Global Washington draws the community together, raising the profile of Washington state as a powerful contributor to global development. The Global Washington annual conference is respected nationwide and draws leaders and subject matter experts together to drive positive, collective action from Washington to the world.
As a small team, each staff member is critical to GlobalWA’s success in carrying out the overall goals of the organization. The Office Manager will be a key member of the team with goals to provide a solid administrative foundation for the organization, support other staff to achieve their goals, support good financial management and utilize a robust database system to increase efficiencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Member intake and orientation
• Work closely with Membership Director to coordinate member communication, including new member welcome letter, packet, and maintenance of membership database.
• Coordinate invoice and renewal reminders.
• Update and maintain member list on website and other collateral.
Database management and integration with website
• Maintain organized files and records (mostly electronic files, but some hard copy).
• Manage email mailing list and work with Communications Director on mass emails.
• Systematic tracking of member offerings.
• Work with Membership Director to update member accounts in CRM database, produce reports, and maintain online map and directory.
Prepare financials twice monthly for bookkeeper
• Manage coordination of finances with GlobalWA’s bookkeeper, including expense reports, sending and receiving invoices, coding of check deposits and online deposit payments, coordinating all vendor forms.
• Managing the annual audit.
Support human resources, employee benefits and admin supplies
• Distribute biweekly templates for timesheets.
• Maintain technology and office supply inventory.
• Managing renewals of business and charity licenses.
• Managing renewals and payments of health, dental, office and insurance.
• Assist ED with on-boarding of staff.
Support Executive Director
• Coordinate meeting schedules and travel.
• Liaise with Board of Directors, including organizing meetings and generating materials.
• Update board roster and board page on website.
• Take minutes at each board meeting.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Assist with Annual Conference and monthly event logistics as needed.
• 2-3 years of previous administrative work experience.
• Exceptional people skills and ability to navigate complex relationships.
• Ability to take initiative and move things forward amid competing demands and shifting priorities.
• Solid written and verbal communication.
• Attention to detail.
• Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Experience with CRM database management.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
Applications due by April 14th, 2017. For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line Office Manager Application and your last name.
GlobalWA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. GlobalWA does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
← Go back