Hospitality Coordinator Job Description
We are searching for a new member of our core staff team to be the new iLEAP Hospitality Coordinator (HC). The HC is someone who has a love for hosting, a gift for building authentic relationships, a love for working across cultures, and an eye for design, quality, and beauty. This person is responsible for leading our efforts to co-create a welcoming, warm, and transformative experience for the 150+ program participants and 1,500+ visitors who come to and use our space on an annual basis. This responsibility extends to cultivating and stewarding our program homestays and working closely with all members of the staff team on events, program management, and overall constituency services. Competitive applicants will have significant experience in the service industry, such as in hotels, travel/tourism, event management, or food, and have demonstrated success in providing high-quality customer service to a diverse set of stakeholders.
As a small, but high-functioning organization with a deeply committed core staff, the ideal candidate will be someone who can fit in our team that values personal growth, diversity, and a global mindset. We strongly encourage immigrants and non-US citizens to apply.
iLEAP is a rapidly growing international nonprofit based in the Wallingford neighborhood of Seattle. We bring emerging and established social leaders from around the world, across cultural contexts and economic divides, together to cultivate deep and sustained positive transformation in their lives. We design and create the space for people to discover themselves and renew their sense of power so that they can lead from a place of connection in the communities they serve.
iLEAP exists to create more social justice and equity in the world and to lift up and sustain the community-based leaders who are the center of social change
. We believe that, if we grow, transform, and connect these leaders, it will create stronger communities, countries, and less human suffering in the world.
Primary Job Duties
Programs Hospitality and Administration
Operations Hospitality and Administration
- In consultation with Program Team(s), ensure that all program participants feel welcomed, prioritized and supported throughout their time in Seattle
- In consultation with Program Team(s), coordinate all travel arrangements for incoming program participants;
- In consultation with Program Team(s), coordinate all accommodation arrangements (homestays, Air B&B, hotels) for incoming program participants
- Provide other support to program staff as needed External Affairs Hospitality and Administration
- Work closely with external affairs team to take responsibility for homestay cultivation and stewardship
- Work closely with external affairs team on events related to iLEAP programs and special events related to donor cultivation and stewardship
- Provide other support to external affairs team, as needed.
Operations: Space Rental Program Hospitality and Administration
- Responsible and accountable for the organization, cleanliness, and aesthetic of iLEAP training and office space
- Provide high-level customer service and hospitality for all those who use and are connected to the iLEAP space
- Represent iLEAP with Good Shepherd Center resident management and its tenants and work to maintain positive relationships
- Coordinate guest reception
- Provide other support to operations team, as needed
- Coordinate negotiations for space contracts and book event space, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc)
- Gather information on each booking to achieve quality event productions
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process;
- Manage and supervise event preparation, during the event, and clean up for events as necessary, ensuring all building and rental regulations are followed
- Manage and track space rental revenues and expenditures
- Inform iLEAP leadership by reviewing and analyzing rental data; summarizing information; identifying and presenting trends and opportunities;
- Initiate and manage the marketing and advertising of space rental activities to outside clientele, including scheduling walk-throughs, Open Houses, promotional materials, and outside sales.
Primary Job Duties
External Affairs 25%
High level of self-awareness;
Skilled at giving and receiving feedback;
Alignment with iLEAP vision and mission
Skilled at working in teams and independently
Resourceful and solution-oriented
Flexible, patient and compassionate
Clear, effective and efficient communicator
Ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the broad field of hospitality (hotel, travel/tourism, event management, food services, etc)
- English language fluency (speaking and listening), advanced (writing)
- Experience working outside the US
- Office 365
- Asana/Workflow platform
- Sales Force/ CRM
- Constant Contact
- Reports to: Executive Director
- FTE: 50% to 75%, seasonal, may increase
- Salary Range: $21.50-23.50/per hour
- Initial contract: 6 months, long-term renewal TBD
- Benefits: flexible work schedule, strong work culture of personal and professional growth
To apply visit this link: https://ileap.formstack.com/forms/hosp_coordinator