Attention! This job posting is 15 days old and might be already filled.
||March 9, 2017
|Enable online application?
|Experience Level Needed
||Entry Level (0-5 years)
The primary focus of this position is to help Splash build connections with donors through partner support, marketing, communications and special events. Qualified candidates will be team players with 2 years of related experience and a genuine commitment to providing excellent customer service to current and potential Splash supporters. This position requires strong project management skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to multi-task in a fun, fast-paced environment.
The Development Assistant reports to the Director of Business Development. This position offers the opportunity to contribute to Splash's mission in an environment that supports learning and professional growth.
The Development Assistant will:
- Support and engage individual donors by creating compelling communications including fundraising appeals, newsletters, website content, brochures, and fact sheets.
- Respond to partnership inquiries from individuals, schools, and companies. Serve as a thought partner and primary point of contact for those launching fundraising campaigns for Splash.
- Contribute to Splash’s 10-year anniversary event in fall 2017 through event logistics, marketing, invitations, corporate sponsorships, donor solicitation and follow up. Support other smaller events as needed.
- Maintain Splash's online presence through social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, as well as on platforms like Global Giving, Global Impact, and Classy.
- Support Splash’s cause-marketing relationships, responding to requests for photos, stories and other marketing support.
- Coordinate the Splash blog, developing a content calendar and coordinating with colleagues to ensure monthly blog posts.
- Help ensure timely expressions of gratitude to donors including thank you notes and other personalized communications.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in communications, social sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in communications, marketing and events, preferably with some work in the nonprofit sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great organizational skills and the ability to manage and effectively prioritize multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office is required; Salesforce experience preferred.
- Basic experience in graphic design and overall attention to visual elements of donor communications are a plus.
- You are self-motivated and able to thrive in a dynamic startup environment.
- You possess an extremely high level of trustworthiness, integrity, and work ethic.
- You take a proactive approach and bring a problem-solving attitude.
- You love collaboration as well as independence, and are able to be flexible with work logistics and hours as needed to meet critical deadlines.
- You have excellent judgment and don't hesitate to ask for guidance when you need more information.
- You exhibit cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with remote team members
- You have a deep commitment to and interest in Splash's mission.
← Go back