The mission of the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933, the IRC has a presence in over 40 countries and 27 offices in the United States; the IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC opened an office in Seattle in 1976 and provides immediate resettlement assistance, employment assistance, intensive case management, immigration services, health and wellness programs through our New Roots community garden, and a program for anti-human trafficking
The Senior Operations Coordinator ensures the operations of the Seattle office are efficient and effective in the areas of infrastructure, contractors and vendors, equipment and supplies, protocol and procedures, and planning as well as responsible for managing all aspects of the in-kind development activities
• Create and execute in-kind acquisition strategy for soliciting in kind donations from initial identification and cultivation to analyzing donor history and maintaining strong outcomes.
• Maintain and update donor database for all in-kind donors and provide donor status reports.
• Track donations given to clients in the Reception and Placement, Match Grant and all other programs via in-kind donations forms, volunteer forms, case notes and donor database.
• Manage inventory of in-kind donations in accordance with IRC HQ policy.
• Track office CIK and prepare monthly CIK report, ensuring match goal is met or exceeded.
• Negotiate agreements with contractors and vendors for all office requirements. Manage all contractor and vendor billing. Provide administrative and logistical support to office personnel, programs, events and management.
• Serve as the focal point for facilities management, IRC procurement, and IRC IT.
• Responsible for organize and oversees safety of building and staff, supervise building maintenance contractor, organize and conduct fire and safety drills, update, maintain and distribute IRC Safety and Security plan.
• Ensure that new employees’ safety training and all other specifically required training is provided for all employees as needed.
• Serve as a main point-of-contact for landlord and vendors, maintain updated equipment inventory lists and vendor contact lists.
• Implement procurement by planning and placing orders, researching vendors, and maintaining associated documentation as well as maintain updated equipment inventory list.
• Coordinate with Finance to ensure compliance with all procurement requirements.
• Maintain office equipment including copier, fax, scanner and projector in good working order and arrange for maintenance and repair as needed.
• Coordinate arranging for and picking up donated items and delivering them to the storage units
• Other related duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Development Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Resettlement Team, Employment Team, Anti-Trafficking Team, Immigration Team, Youth Program Team, New Roots Team, Immigration Team, Intensive Case Management Team, Volunteer Coordination, Finance Team.
External: Volunteers, Interns, Funding Organizations and key community partners
• Standard office environment at IRC’s office in Seattle; Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, with occasional evening or weekend activities as needed. Limited flexible workplace available with approval.
• Access to a reliable vehicle to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area for partner meetings and events.
For more information and to apply, go here.