Founded in 1979, Committee for Children (CFC) is a nonprofit working globally to foster children’s social-emotional development and prevent bullying, violence, and child abuse. Our research-based social-emotional learning programs are used in more than 25,000 schools in 70 countries around the world. These programs help more than 13 million children each year stay safe, respect themselves and others, succeed in school today, and build a better world for tomorrow.
CFC is growing, and we’re looking for an established Public Relations Specialist to join our team!
As the PR Specialist, you’ll help position CFC as a leader and expert resource in social-emotional learning, bullying prevention and child protection. You’ll work on a wide range of tasks, mixing strategic thinking with roll-up-your-sleeves tactical efforts to increase brand awareness, exposure and editorial coverage for CFC across top-tier media outlets.
For this role, we’re looking for an experienced writer, editor, storyteller, relationship builder and media relations specialist fluent in the fundamentals of public relations. This position reports to the Public Relations and Communications Director and will work closely with key stakeholders across the organization. You are a results-driven go-getter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and can quickly write a byline or craft a targeted pitch. Throw a lot of enthusiasm and a pleasant personality into the mix and you’ll be our ideal candidate!
Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintain and foster effective relationships with media outlets, external bloggers, etc.
- Proactively craft and pitch stories to the media, and develop media outreach activities
- Prioritize and respond to inbound requests from the media
- Promote and amplify awareness of CFC’s product offerings through positive media coverage in key media outlets
- Pitch editorial content with a focus on features and proactively manage media relations
- Conceptualize and develop written materials, including press releases, pitch letters, key messages, briefing materials, FAQs, Q&As and other supporting documents
- Contribute to cross-functional marketing and lead generation campaigns
- Attend and participate in conferences and events as the face of CFC
- Support PR reporting and analysis as well as planning efforts
- Maintain and update contact lists, and compile monthly press reports and media logs
- Help manage CFC’s social media channels
- 3+ years of PR experience
- BA/BS degree in journalism, communications or equivalent work experience
- Written communication: exceptional writing skills, strong line editing, copy-editing and proofreading skills, varies writing style to meet needs, presents information effectively
- Oral communication: speaks clearly and persuasively; possesses ability to engage others; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; actively participates in meetings
- Capacity to work across teams at the highest levels of the organization
- Research skills: ability to synthesize information from multiple sources, present evaluations and summarize key findings precisely and succinctly
- Creativity in storytelling
- Exceptional relationship building, including interacting with executives in a professional manner
- Knowledge of social-emotional learning, child protection, bullying prevention, and mindfulness is helpful but not required
How to Apply: Applications for this position are accepted through our online application process only. Please send your letter of interest and resume in a single document to https://careers-hrpmsi.icims.com/jobs/2535/public-relations-specialist/login