Award-winning Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle is famed for pioneering naturalistic exhibits and setting the standard for zoos all over the world. We connect people with wildlife and hit them in the heart with a visceral reminder of what’s at stake in our changing world. Our job is to motivate people to take action and provide them with the tools needed to join us in saving endangered species. That means our conservation efforts start right here at the zoo and in our community.
Join us on our mission to save wildlife and inspire everyone to make conservation a priority in their lives.
We are excited to welcome a new member to our dynamic Marketing and Public Relations team! We are currently accepting applications for a Public Relations Coordinator. There is one full-time, benefited opportunity available at this time.
What you’ll do here:
- Promote and amplify the zoo’s mission by serving as the point of contact for media on specific stories, projects and events
- Conceptualize, craft and deliver content for press communications, new initiatives and a variety of zoo publications
- Connect on a personal and professional level with multifarious stakeholders
Skills we love:
- You are such a masterful writer that friends and acquaintances seek you out as an authority on vocabulary, grammar and punctuation
- You have a track record of cultivating outstanding relationships with members of the press
- You have experience developing and delivering thoughtful pitches and press releases that align with business objectives
- You have a strong interest in working for a mission-driven non-profit (experience working for a non-profit, zoo or aquarium is a plus!)
Who we’re looking for:
- Passion: You are passionate about animals, conservation and creating connections with others to help advance the zoo’s mission
- Collaboration: You are a skilled communicator who is excited to connect with people from all backgrounds and walks of life
- Communication: You are open-minded, upbeat and seeking a fun, team-oriented atmosphere
- Reliability: You are organized, able to work under pressure, dependable and committed to delivering high-quality work and meeting deadlines
Want to know more? Read the full job description here!
- Please be sure to submit the following materials along with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Work Sample (this can be a press release, pitch concept or other writing sample)
- Applications are only accepted online through our Jobs page at www.zoo.org
- No phone calls please
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications are due prior to 12:00 AM on the posted Close date (i.e. by 11:59 PM the evening before).
CLOSE DATE5/9/2018 NUMBER OF OPENINGS1 SHIFT-not applicable- REQ NUMBERCOM-18-00003 THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED