Share Big Dreams
At World Vision, we’re sharing a big dream for children. One that moves beyond just clean water or food or healthcare to offer a full solution to poverty. We want children to have everything they need to thrive, both physically and spiritually, so they can experience the kind of life God intends—life in all its fullness. View our “Who We Are” clip here.
We want the same for our staff: big dreams, a career of significance, and fullness of life. Share your experience so you can share a full life with children in need.
World Vision is looking for a Project Manager.
As a Project Manager, you will manage projects on behalf of division, establishing priorities for complete project life-cycle including the planning, design, testing, and implementation of projects designed to meet requirements of business clients. Oversee the work of project teams. May participate in the completion of corporate-wide projects, with responsibility for assigned components of the project. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Responsible for the outcome of projects with varying size and scope that may have designated budgets.
- Oversee the entire project life cycle including the planning, design, testing, and project implementation.
- Confirm clients’ needs and project goals, develop project master schedule, negotiating as needed with external contractors, and WVUS staff and leadership regarding resource availability and timelines.
- Define major tasks and milestones, based on scope, resources, budget and personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining the master schedule and for on-time, on-budget project completion.
- Manage resources required for the success of the project.
- Manage project related work efforts of contractors and internal WVUS staff members.
- May participate in the completion of corporate-wide projects, with responsibility of assigned components of overall project as required.
- When applicable, manage project budget, modifying budget as needed and ensuring expenses do not exceed agreed upon budget.
- Provide reporting on project progress to senior management and clients, ensuring any changes to budget, resources and risk are communicated in a timely way.
- Ensure accurate documentation of project results.
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services, and regular prayer.
- Must have very good skills with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Must be able to work on numerous projects simultaneously. Effective time management, and the ability to prioritize is critical.
- Must be able to work with various teams using persuasive skills to get tasks accomplished.
- Must have good communication and writing skills.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (eight years). In addition to education or education equivalent, requires 3-5 years work experience in project management or related field. Work experience must include at least one year of previous project leadership experience. Project management certification preferred.