Job Summary: The Philanthropy Officer supports Landesa’s fundraising team in securing revenue from individuals. S/he will work closely with the Senior Philanthropy Officer and Development and Marketing Associate to identify, cultivate, and steward individual prospects in alignment with Landesa’s programs and strategic plan. The Philanthropy Officer will be responsible for overseeing events, including annual galas and other smaller events, managing annual campaigns, and collaborating regularly with Landesa program, finance, and fundraising staff. The Philanthropy Officer will help secure resources that will allow Landesa to expand its impact to change the lives of millions of the rural poor.
Reporting and relationships: The Philanthropy Officer will report to the Senior Philanthropy Officer, Program Partnerships.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops annual fund and acquisition strategies through multi-channel campaigns
- Maintains a portfolio of mid-level donors and develops annual moves management plans for portfolio donors, as well as actively identifies new prospects in assigned markets.
- Actively stewards and identifies moves management plan for major donor prospects through events, communications, and other opportunities.
- In conjunction with Senior Philanthropy Officer, Chief Development Officer, Landesa executive team and Board develops comprehensive event strategy, including successful annual fundraising galas, while focusing on growing event revenue
- Oversees the planning and execution of events with support from the Development and Marketing Associate
- Prepares fundraising reports and proposals, donor recognition lists, presentations, and other materials as needed.
- Establishes a planned giving portfolio and identifies new major donors to talk with for a legacy gift.
- Develops an in-depth knowledge of Landesa’s various projects and initiatives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A deep commitment to the mission of a better, safer future for the world’s poorest people through land ownership and secure land rights.
- Superior thinking, speaking, and writing skills, and an ability to communicate Landesa programs, projects, and activities for purposes of fundraising.
- Leadership, collaboration, and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to communicate with a range of people at all levels, including Landesa management and program staff, board members, donors, contractors, outside vendors and suppliers, and other administrative staff members, and to proactively seek ways to contribute to team success.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other fundraising-related software.
- Commitment to Landesa’s core values of mission first, collaborative, and constructive.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in fundraising or a related field, preferably including fundraising event experience
- Demonstrated success raising funds from individuals, including major donors
- Experience with nonprofit organizations required
- Experience working in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments.
For more information and to apply for this position, go here.