Seattle International Foundation (SIF) supports worldwide poverty alleviation efforts through grant- making and other activities, with a strategic focus on Central America. SIF was founded in 2008 as a supporting organization to Seattle Foundation for the purpose of increasing and enhancing international philanthropy and development efforts from the Pacific Northwest and to serve as a resource to the community. Since 2008, SIF has granted more than $20 million to 219 high impact organizations in 71 countries, including $12 million in grants to Central America. To learn more about the Seattle International Foundation, visit our homepage at www.seaif.org
What’s the opportunity?
The Partnerships and Events Associate will be incorporated into SIF’s small, but dynamic team based in Seattle. The Associate will predominantly be supporting the planning of the Central America Donors Forum, and will also be involved in the planning of a variety of programs and events in Seattle and internationally. The ideal candidate is a problem solver, eager to learn more about the inner-workings of a foundation and is passionate about global development and social justice. SIF is a fast-paced environment where the Partnerships and Events Associate must be able to multi-task, process requests quickly, and be adaptable to a series of changing needs and evolving projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support planning the Central America Donors Forum
- Support the planning and execution of SIF events and activities
- Coordinate logistics for partner meetings and community events
- Conduct research on current and prospective partners, successful multi-sector partnerships in Central America and events and programs in the region
- Conduct research for events i.e. speakers, musical guests, and venues.
- Take notes, draft memos, draft and publish other correspondence as necessary
- Assist with data entry and data cleaning
- Assist with booking travel, processing invoices and reimbursements, and creating expense reports
- Translate documents from English to Spanish and vice versa
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Applicable work experience in international development, philanthropy, event planning and/or communications
- Experience in event coordination (e.g. working with vendors, researching venues and speakers, reviewing contracts)
- Experience living or working in Central America or Mexico
- Commitment to maintaining absolute confidentiality in regards to donation and grants information
- Experience utilizing a database; donor and grants management software experience a plus
- Advanced computer skills in data entry and Microsoft Office, including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Graphic design experience a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Must work well individually and with minimal oversight, as well as collaboratively on a team
- Holds an undergraduate degree in a related academic field
- Must be organized with a high attention to detail
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish required
- Must be based in Seattle, WA for entirety of position
Compensation: $15/hr.; this position does not qualify for benefits.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter explaining why your experience and background makes you an excellent candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 23, 2018. Include your full name and the title of this position in the subject line of your email (i.e. “Jane Doe – Partnerships and Events Associate”). Applications from candidates who do not follow these instructions will not be reviewed. Only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview. Seattle International Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.