Global Partnerships (GP) is an impact-led investor whose mission is to expand opportunity for people living in poverty. We invest in social enterprise partners that deliver essential impact products and services to people in Latin America, the Caribbean, and Sub-Saharan Africa to earn a living and improve their lives.
The Office Assistant will provide critical administrative and individual support to the CEO and Chief Executives, and support GP’ Seattle headquarters. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, proactive and independent administrative and office assistant who assumes personal ownership on a day to day basis for the organization. The person will exemplify GP’s commitment to mission and core values: dedication, excellence, collaboration, learning and respect. This person must maintain a culture of service to the entire organization. Hours are defined as Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, however this may be adjusted based on daily projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Proactively provide administrative support to the CEO and Executive Team. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Managing individual calendars as agreed upon by each person.
- Plan and manage domestic and international travel, using the GP approved outside travel resource and/or sourcing travel independently. This includes completing required documentation prior to travel, as well as collecting and disseminating background and follow up information including detailed itineraries to each traveler.
- Solicit and complete expense reporting, including post-travel expense reports.
- Develop and distribute presentation materials as needed.
- Support meetings, events, and video/teleconferences across time zones, including preparation of meeting materials and optimal use of audio/video communication technologies.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately, including information collection, processing, and distribution. This includes compiling Board and other meeting materials, collecting and storing materials.
- Independently manage special/administrative projects in a dynamic fast paced environment with GP’s executive team and the Board of Directors.
Administrative and Corporate Governance:
- Proactively manage scheduling for all Board governance activities including Committee meetings, Board meetings, and Board retreats. This includes setting the meetings, and follow up in timely manner to ensure participation.
- Prepare meeting agendas/materials with CEO, COO, CIO, staff, and Board/Committee Chairs. This includes collecting and assembling materials well in advance of meetings.
- Maintain corporate minutes and records, both digitally and with hard copies in binders, ensuring these are completed and filed in a timely manner as set forth by the COO.
- [Assist the COO and Operations Team] with maintaining corporate compliance for any foreign branch or bank registrations.
- Support the Operations Team with fulfilling any Know Your Customer requests.
- Coordinate all arrangements for teleconferences, workshops, meetings, and other events including equipment needs, catering, travel arrangements, hotel, taxicabs, and other necessary details for staff and guests. Includes project management and coordination across multiple departments.
- Provide interpretation and translation from English to Spanish and Spanish to English as needed, or coordinate this with another bilingual staff member.
- Ensure the office is presentable at all times. This includes all common areas: kitchen, conference rooms, and EOA front desk/personal work space.
- Exude a positive presence and provide excellent daily office support including: answering and prioritizing telephone calls, responding to email and mail communications.
- Collect, open, and disseminate mail on a daily basis. Mail packages and other communications as needed.
- Ensure office supplies are ordered and maintained. This includes kitchen and office supplies. Audit supplies to ensure materials are current.
- Organize office events that support teamwork and help create an exceptional work environment. This includes: scheduling Seattle and all staff meetings, and ordering meals as needed.
- Monitor, answer and/or route incoming inquiries that come into firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide all printer and phone related training and support, including ordering supplies and managing service.
- Coordinate onboarding schedules for new staff.
- Provide all phone related training and support.
- Manage certain vendor accounts and relationships, including phone system support, courier/shipping accounts and other administrative services.
- Create, collect, and process expense and credit card reports for all staff on a monthly basis.
- Support Operations Team with collection of annual compliance certificates from partners.
- Create and manage job postings for GP. As required, support Executive Team on new hire screening and resume processing.
- Create and manage Seattle office emergency preparedness plan.
- Experience providing administrative and office support to senior executives and an office of 30+ people, in a professional environment
- Service mindset and spirit
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently
- Exceptional organizational skills and composure needed to work within a fast-paced work environment, including proven ability to prioritize competing demands effectively and adapt easily and quickly to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy, coupled with sound judgment and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and Outlook
- Basic quantitative/financial aptitude.
- Proven ability to handle confidential matters with professionalism and discretion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well helpfully with a diverse group of people, including GP CEO and senior executives, GP staff, community members, and members of the Board of Directors
- Business Spanish desirable, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Compensation: Competitive salary with comprehensive benefits package. This position is a 40 hour a week position, as defined by the Department of Labor (May 18, 2016). As such the position qualifies for overtime pay, only on approval by management.
Global Partnerships is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Applications will be reviewed immediately and the recruitment will remain open until the position is filled. To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and please include the position title in the SUBJECT HEADER.