Upaya lifts the poorest of the poor through job creation, not hand-outs. We promote employers, working long-term to maximize lasting job opportunities for those who need it most. We build a ladder out of extreme poverty, creating lasting impact in communities around the world. Since 2011, we have supported 12 small and growing businesses in India with investments and expertise; our partners have created more than 4,000 jobs as of December 2016.
The Marketing Associate will share the Upaya story to donors, partners, entrepreneurs and industry colleagues through our newsletter, social media, website and events. We are looking for someone who has a sense for design, a flair for words, an eye for detail and who is passionate about making a difference in extreme poverty.
Reports to: Seattle, WA-based CEO
Responsible for outgoing communications to donors, entrepreneurs and other members of the Upaya community:
• Manage communications calendar including newsletters, fundraising campaigns and visibility around our Accelerator Program
• Design and execute publications on our impact and program activities
• Oversee contracted resources such as videographers, photographers and web developers
• Event management, including annual Gala and other smaller fundraising events in Seattle and elsewhere in the United States
• Support CEO and CIO in developing strategy for conferences and other visibility opportunities
• Excellent design sense
• Degree in marketing is a plus
• Allergy to typos and misaligned photos
• 2-4 years’ experience with an agency or in a similar role desired
• Excellent verbal and written communications, ability to adjust to writing for varied audiences
• Able to self-teach on various forms of technology
• Preferred software experience: InDesign, SquareSpace, Microsoft Office Suite
• Sense of humor and fun as well as strong work ethic and steadfast commitment to Upaya’s values: Community, Risk-Taking, Tenacity, Respect and Ownership
Interested candidates please send a resume with a covering letter that clearly articulates your commitment to our work and relevant expertise to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Marketing Associate” in the subject line.
The position is open until filled but resumes will be reviewed starting 5 September 2017.