Malaria No More (MNM) envisions a world where no one dies of a mosquito bite. More than a decade into our mission, our work has contributed to historic progress toward this goal. Now, we’re mobilizing the political commitment, funding, and innovation required to achieve what would be one of the greatest humanitarian accomplishments—ending malaria within our generation.
MNM is a global organization with offices in Seattle, Washington, D.C., New York, Kenya, Cameroon, and India and affiliates in the United Kingdom and Japan.
Reports to: Chief Growth Officer
Malaria No More has a strong track record of advocacy and strategic communications at a global level and in the US. It also has ambitious goals for implementing its resource mobilization model overseas by leveraging its established operations in Africa and a newly-established program in India. At the same time, it is accelerating its fundraising activities through multiple mechanisms including board expansion, corporate partnerships, and entrepreneurial resourcing of new country operations.
The Managing Director, Strategy, Finance and Operations will ensure the operational and financial viability and effectiveness of Malaria No More as it pursues its ambitious and expansionary strategy and becomes a truly global organization. The position will report to the Chief Growth Officer (CGO), serve on the Leadership Team, oversee specialists in Finance and Program Operations, and support and guide the entire organization in a matrixed structure. This is a full-time, exempt role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Design, manage, and optimize organization-wide management systems including strategic planning, evaluation, reviews, and reporting
• Oversee all financial functions of the organization, including banking relationships, cash flow, revenues and expenditures, budget development and management, insurance, and financial reporting and audit
• While supporting and encouraging program growth and innovation, ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, risk management principles, and funding conditions
• Facilitate the Leadership Team (LT), and equip the LT and the CEO, CGO and other MDs individually with high quality analytics and decision support
• Oversee domestic and overseas offices including developing effective and efficient systems for global operations
• Guide Human Resources activities, including recruitment, training, evaluation, talent development, payroll, benefits and related functions
• Coordinate relationships with MNM’s affiliates in the UK, Japan and elsewhere
• Staff the Board on all governance, oversight and legal matters; act as Board Secretary
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Minimum of 10 years in senior financial/operational management roles, including responsibility for strategic planning, budgeting, human resources, IT, legal and regulatory issues, and risk management
• Deep exposure to non-profit management and reporting, and/or to international (preferably developing country) operations
• Expertise in both the performance of and the oversight of strategic and financial analytics
• Strong skills in strategic and organizational planning, reporting, compliance, and accountability
• Ability to create, motivate and lead high-performance teams, comprising both direct reports and others
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Excellent judgment and high ethical standards
• Attention to detail, and ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently in a fast paced and complex environment
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or equivalent strongly preferred
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate based upon his/her previous experience.
Please email the following materials to email@example.com with the subject line “MD, Strategy, Finance and Operations – Full Name”:
1. A concise cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered
2. Your CV
No telephone calls please.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MNM is an equal opportunity employer.