Date: February 2017
Job Summary: The Major Gift Officer will provide leadership for Grameen Foundation through the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts ($10,000+) from individual and foundation funders. The Officer will research, identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift donors. S/he will manage a major gifts portfolio, organize small events, and write customized proposal and other donor materials as necessary. The Officer will manage a portfolio of approximately 175 major gift prospects and maintain their donor records in the Salesforce database.
Reporting and relationships: The Major Gifts Officer reports to the VP of Development & Communications.
Availability: The Major Gifts Officer will be expected to work a standard work week of 40 hours, and any additional hours needed to get the job done. He/she will also be required to regularly travel nationally, and occasionally internationally.
Essential Job Functions
* Manage a portfolio of approximately 175 donors, leading the development and execution of effective strategies to cultivate, solicit, and steward individual philanthropists and family foundations investing at the $10,000+ level;
* Maintain updated and accurate donor records and files in Grameen Foundation’s Salesforce database;
* Organize small and large cultivation events, from parlor receptions up through an annual gala;
* Organize international donor learning trips in partnership with in-country Grameen Foundation staff;
* Represent Grameen Foundation within the community at-large by attending and actively participating in appropriate functions and events;
* Represent the Development team with program & regional teams within Grameen Foundation, working effectively and collaboratively on proposal content and budgets;
* Create written content for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship materials, as well as comprehensive follow up reports;
* Qualified candidate may also assist with mid-range gift strategy, managing a Development Specialist focused on this successful and thriving donor segment.
Required Skills, Attributes and Abilities
* Deep commitment to the eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission;
* Strong interpersonal skills to interact successfully with a variety of personalities and situations;
* Facility with complex business models, including the ability to quickly gain working knowledge of Grameen Foundation’s policies, procedures, practices and programs;
* Ability to create a cohesive and compelling story that compels funders to action;
* Ability to represent Grameen Foundation to the public including participating in conferences and panel discussions regarding philanthropy and our work;
* Extensive knowledge of professional fundraising standards and practices, a diverse set of experiences strongly preferred;
* Solution-oriented personality, with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
* Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability while working in a dynamic environment;
* Great sense of humor and comfort with a range of personalities;
* Excellent writing skills.
* Demonstrated success in soliciting gifts of $100,000+
* Demonstrated success orchestrating fundraising campaigns and strategies
* International experience
* 5+ years of experience preferably in non-profit, development or other related fields
* Donor database experience
* Comfort using Microsoft Office suite of products
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
For more information about Grameen Foundation please visit our website at grameenfoundation.org
Please use Google Chrome as your web browser when submitting your application for the best results. If you experience problems submitting your application please email email@example.com with your application materials.