Reports to: Executive Director
We enable knowledge sharing with the world’s hardest-to-reach communities, empowering them to improve their health, income, and quality of life. We do this by amplifying the reach of local partners through the use of our Talking Book audio devices, which serve people who are often missed due to illiteracy or living in remote areas. We support these partners with the technology, the creation of engaging audio interviews, songs, and dramas, and the analysis of user feedback recordings and usage statistics to better understand user needs.
We have worked with partners like CARE, UNICEF, and WHO to reach nearly 500,000 people in Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda. With the right Learning and Development Manager, we can grow this program to reach millions more in many more countries over the next few years.
We seek a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join our team and manage our learning and development portfolio. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in facilitation, development of learning materials, and management of learning systems.
Design and develop our global learning strategy, implementing materials, coordinating learning events, and facilitating a broad range of learning experiences for our staff, partners, affiliates, and beneficiaries to support successful implementation of Talking Book programs.
Learning Program Management
• Create learning paths for our staff, partners, affiliates, and beneficiaries.
• Plan and coordinate learning plans and schedules, coordinating with Program Manager.
• Evaluate and report on learning programs and initiatives.
• Communicate with learners to assess needs and revise learning plans accordingly.
Develop Learning Packages
• Adapt Standard Operating Procedures into training packages for in-person and online learning, utilizing platforms and engaging approaches that promote learning.
• Develop videos and e-learning materials, as needed.
Lead Learning Events
• Organize learning events in Seattle and in countries around the world.
• Tailor curriculum with practical examples relevant to each target group.
• Facilitate in-person and online learning events and conversations in support of learning.
• Inspire learning through a vibrant, living environment based on mutual respect.
• Moderate social learning, facilitate discussions among participants or groups of staff to maximize sharing of knowledge and experience; foster a community of practice.
Education: Master’s degree in education, learning, instructional design, business, communications, international development, or related field, preferably with training in coaching or facilitation.
• Designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating learning strategies
• 5-7 years of experience facilitating learning events and/or coaching of individuals or groups
• Designing living learning packages that utilize engaging methods to promote learning
• Applying adult learning principles and facilitating knowledge sharing
• Creating or managing learning management systems
• Experience working on learning programs in international development or in agriculture, health, protection, or with refugees is considered an advantage.
• Knowledge of learning management systems, as well as learning methods
• Excellent planning and management skills
• Highly collaborative with strong cultural competence
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with international stakeholders
• Concurrent management of multiple initiatives
HOURS: Full-time salaried position, typically Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, with additional hours as necessary to meet deadlines. Flexible schedule is available. Candidate must be available for regular early morning calls with Europe/Africa/Asia, which can be done from home.
COMPENSATION: DOE. Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, and matching contribution to retirement and student loans.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL: This position is based in Seattle and requires travel four times per year for two to three weeks at a time to remote, rural areas in low resource countries.
APPLICATION: Please send your CV/résumé and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Your cover letter should include specific examples of how your experience relates to this role.
CLOSING DATE: Priority will be given to applications received by February 4, 2018.