Seattle International Foundation (SIF) supports worldwide poverty alleviation efforts through grant- making and other activities, with a strategic focus on Central America. SIF was founded in 2008 as a supporting organization to Seattle Foundation for the purpose of increasing and enhancing international philanthropy and development efforts from the Pacific Northwest and to serve as a resource to the community.
Since 2008, SIF has granted more than $20 million to 219 high impact organizations in 71 countries, including $12 million in grants to Central America. SIF has offices in Seattle, Mexico City, and Tegucigalpa. To learn more about the Seattle International Foundation, visit our homepage at www.seaif.org
What’s the opportunity?
The Events Coordinator will be incorporated into SIF’s small, but dynamic team based in Seattle. The Events Coordinator will plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of SIF events in Seattle and internationally, including the annual Central America Donors Forum.
SIF is a fast-paced environment where the Events Coordinator must be able to multi-task, process situations and requests quickly, and adapt to changing needs and evolving projects. The ideal candidate is an accomplished and creative event coordinator with three plus years of event management experience; they are eager join the foundation and passionate about global development and social justice.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Lead and execute SIF events in Seattle and internationally, including SIF’s largest annual event, the Central America Donors Forum
• Collaborate with SIF leadership, advisory councils and external partners to develop dynamic content for event agendas
• Set, communicate, and maintain timelines and priorities on every event
• Collaborate with the Communications Coordinator on event concept, graphic design/production/printing and event marketing
• Draft outreach communication materials, including letters and invitations to individuals and groups, as well as potential sponsors
• Develop and manage event budgets
• Develop run of show and run day of logistics to ensure smooth event, including managing staff working at event
• Identify, establish, and develop relationships with local and international partners to plan and co-convene events
• Negotiate costs and services with vendors; book event space, arrange food and beverage, order all supplies, coordinate audiovisual equipment and operation, make travel arrangements
• Resolve conflicts that can arise during the lifespan of an event
• Secure guest speakers and entertainment
• Work with venue to create/revise room layouts and seating arrangements for each event as necessary
• Create event sponsorship packages and work with the Executive Director and Deputy Director on the solicitation and securing of sponsorships
• Manage the follow-up with vendors, sponsors and staff members following each event; analyze event performance and prepare metrics presentation
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, international development or related field
• At least 3 years of event management experience
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Nonprofit experience with preference for international development background
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Power Point and Excel
• Fluency in spoken and written Spanish
• Strong understanding of topics related to Central America and international development
• Leadership skills, including keeping staff and external partners motivated and on track to meet event deadlines
• Time management skills, including ability to work independently and efficiently, manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Creative, enthusiastic, dependable, positive, self-starting
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Must be U.S. citizen or have legal authority to work in U.S.
Compensation and benefits:
This is a full-time, non-exempt position located in Seattle, WA. Salary commensurate with experience; full benefits package, including medical, dental, 401k and other benefits.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter explaining why your experience and background makes you an excellent candidate for this position to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until April 23, 2018. Include your full name and the title of this position in the subject line of your email (i.e. “Jane Doe – Events Coordinator”). Applications from candidates who do not follow these instructions will not be reviewed. Only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, SIF is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. SIF does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.