Seattle International Foundation (SIF) supports worldwide poverty alleviation efforts through grant- making and other activities, with a strategic focus on Central America. SIF was founded in 2008 for the purpose of increasing and enhancing international philanthropy and development efforts from the Pacific Northwest and to serve as a resource to the community. It is a supporting organization to Seattle Foundation. To learn more about the Seattle International Foundation, visit our homepage at www.seaif.org.
The Director of Finance and Operations will lead the organization’s financial and administrative functions. S/he will partner closely with SIF’s teams in Seattle and elsewhere to ensure that financial and operational systems and procedures are well designed and implemented. Additionally, s/he will serve as the organization’s key liaison with staff from the Seattle Foundation who work with SIF as a supporting organization.
The ideal candidate has experience managing finance, accounting, and operational and personnel functions at a grantmaking organization. S/he will provide strategic leadership around the financial and operational aspect’s of SIF’s mission and impact as well as management for the day to day activities of the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead annual budgeting process
• Prepare and share timely and accurate financial and operational reports and analysis with senior staff and board
• Manage expense accounts, ensuring accurate coding and signature authority
• Ensure accuracy of financial, donor, and grant records by conducting regular reconciliation between systems
• Manage accounting and appropriate financial oversight of SIF initiatives, including preparing and submitting initiative level financial reports for board and donors
• Ensure staff and contractors understand and adhere to SIF financial policies and procedures
• Oversee payroll submission and maintain payroll allocations for accounting
• As needed, lead the development and documentation of new financial policies and procedures
• Develop and monitor contracts for both domestic and international consultants and vendors, engaging external legal counsel as needed
• Develop and/or review donor and grant agreements that for new and ongoing relationships, engaging external legal counsel as needed
• Lead efforts to improve effectiveness and efficiency of key systems for grantmaking, donor data, and others, as needed
• With Executive Director and Deputy Director, manage key human resources functions, including staff onboarding, training, job classifications, compensation, and professional development
• Act as SIF’s liaison with The Seattle Foundation for operational and financial issues
We are looking for candidates with:
• At least five years of management experience in an operations, finance or accounting role
• Experience working in a grantmaking organization
• Acumen for finance and accounting, including a strong understanding of non-profit accounting, and natural business instincts
• Multi-site or entity level management experience
• Experience working in a multi-cultural and/or international organizational context
• A keen attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in spoken and written Spanish (preferred but not required)
• Exceptional judgment and decision-making
• Strength in working collaboratively with teams
• Flexibility in an ever-changing environment
• Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal authority to work in U.S
Part-time, 25 hours a week, Exempt
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health insurances (medical, dental, vision and long-term disability); a generous retirement plan match; and vacation/sick leave.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter explaining why your experience and background makes you an excellent candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name and the title of this position in the subject line of your email.
As an equal opportunity employer, SIF is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. SIF does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.