Job Summary: The Digital Media Coordinator (DMC) gives voice to Landesa in its online properties. Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, the DMC will manage Landesa’s website and social media channels, developing engaging content to share the organization’s message to a wider audience. The DMC will write compelling project success stories and updates for Landesa’s website, the Plotlines newsletter, and e-blasts, integrating the content into the organization’s social media strategy. The DMC also provides general support to the Communications department, including maintaining the digital media library, managing the “Hub” intranet portal and other internal communications efforts, providing copy editing support, and administrative duties.
Reporting and relationships: The Digital Media Coordinator will report to the Senior Communications Manager.
Availability: The DMC will be expected to work a typical workweek of 40 hours.
Essential Job Functions:
- Write and design daily social media content that contributes to ongoing conversations about land rights and global development and advances Landesa’s communications and global advocacy goals.
- Grow Landesa’s social media footprint.
- With the Senior Communications Manager and program staff, write compelling project updates and success stories for Landesa’s monthly newsletter, Plotlines, and distribute the newsletter by email, on the website, and via social media.
- Liaise with the Development team to develop and implement an e-blast editorial plan.
- Serve as in-house resource for managing Landesa’s content and photo library, including print and digital materials.
- Organize the digital photo library, develop nomenclature and design for visual asset database.
- Build and maintain content for the Landesa website.
- Encourage organization-wide use of intranet portal “The Hub” through regular updates and creative content and provide ongoing management of The Hub, including maintenance of content libraries and user permissions.
- Assist in monitoring key blogs and other social media channels for mentions of our emerging issue priority areas.
- Provide administrative support for the communications department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A deep commitment to the mission of a better, safer future for the world’s poorest people through land ownership and secure land rights.
- Excellent writing, communication and data management skills, including the ability to communicate professionally and articulately with a variety of people including Landesa staff, leadership and donors. Strong interpersonal skills, especially in cross-cultural environments.
- Professional work habits including accuracy, efficiency, reliability, and the ability to set and meet deadlines. Self-motivation, an exacting attention to detail and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects are also essential.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams regardless of role within team and to proactively seek ways to contribute to team success.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, WordPress, and other software. Graphic design and Photoshop skills strongly preferred.
- Commitment to Landesa’s core values of impact, respect, collaboration, dedication, and learning.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, marketing or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of related experience, preferably in a communications environment.
- Experience working in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments.
For more information and to apply, go here.