JOB SUMMARY & KEY PRIORITIES:
The Development Officer, Annual Fund will manage Grameen Foundation’s broad-based fundraising program, oversee annual fund strategy development and implementation, and ensure that development operations are conducted efficiently and with excellence. This role will be a lead contributor to reaching the Individual Giving Team’s $3.6m annual revenue goal.
She/he will be expected to work a typical week of 40 hours. Light travel required (5%).
ABOUT GRAMEEN FOUNDATION
Grameen Foundation is a global nonprofit that creates breakthrough solutions spanning financial, agricultural and health services. We use digital technology and strengthen local partner networks to design and deliver solutions that open opportunity for women and families living in poverty. We believe there is no greater force than the power of women driven to improve their own lives and the lives of those around them. From us, they receive real breakthroughs that enable them to overcome the economic, cultural and gender barriers that keep families trapped in poverty.
WHY GRAMEEN FOUNDATION
Be an innovator – Tackling global poverty requires commitment, flexibility, and a willingness to experiment. Our staff does this daily, leveraging data, emerging technology and hands-on testing to create breakthroughs that measurably improve lives.
Grow your global reach and network – Collaboration across teams and time zones is integral to our work. We are headquartered in the U.S. with team members in Africa, Asia, and Latin America that work closely with local communities and partners.
Experience a flexible, results-focused work environment – We understand that the life needs, interests and priorities of our employees are varied and unique. Our employees receive regular feedback based on the challenging goals they set for themselves and the results they deliver. They take full ownership of their work and the responsibility of the trust, flexibility and autonomy we give them to deliver aligned and measurable outcomes.
This role is accountable for:
- Cultivating, renewing, upgrading, and stewarding Grameen Foundation’s annual fund donors through a one-to-many approach, exceeding $850,000 in annual revenue;
- Strategizing and implementing a comprehensive broad-base fundraising communications strategy for Grameen Foundation, with a particular focus on the rhythm and donor engagement calendar as well as ownership of Grameen’s robust direct mail program.
- Managing a three person team including a Digital Fundraising & Media Specialist, Development Associate, and Development Assistant in project planning and oversight, ensuring on-time project delivery & efficient workflow;
- Writing, editing, and/or directing the composition of print and mass-market solicitations and cultivation communications, with ownership of the direct mail program and serving as a primary contributor to newsletters, program updates, digital content (where needed) and possible support for grant proposals;
- Managing a portfolio of high-level broad-base donors with potential to graduate to higher-level managed relationships.
- Overseeing development operations efforts to ensure timely acknowledgement of gifts and appropriate stewardship of donors, as well as process and policy improvement and documentation;
- Lead Grameen Foundation’s engagement in the Combined Federal Campaign as well as State campaigns, coordinating with associated vendors and maximizing program returns;
- Representing Grameen Foundation at external events by tabling, networking, and prospecting potential new supporters and donors;
- Fulfilling other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- Ability to gain working knowledge of GFUSA’s policies, procedures, and practices;
- Ability to act as a representative of GFUSA to the public;
- Ability to effectively and enthusiastically communicate with donors as well as fellow staff members, including in person, over the phone, and in writing;
- Strong skills working in teams and across many types of organizations — team-oriented; problem solver; relationship-builder; and strong inter-personal skills;
- Knowledge of and experience in directing broad-based fundraising strategies, including direct mail, email and online fundraising efforts;
- Knowledge of project management, including breaking ideas into deliverable tasks and tracking toward their timely completion;
- Self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys working proactively and thinking creatively.
EDUCATION BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of related experience in a nonprofit development environment, or a high level of transferrable skill;
- 1-2 years of team management experience preferred;
- Fully digital-literate, including Microsoft and Google products, social media, and online meeting tools;
- Experience with Salesforce and other databases a plus.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED