Committee for Children (CFC) is a nonprofit working globally to foster children’s social-emotional development and prevent bullying, violence, and child abuse. Our research-based social-emotional learning programs are used in more than 30,000 schools in 70 countries around the world. These programs help more than 10 million children each year stay safe, respect themselves and others, succeed in school today, and build a better world for tomorrow.
We are looking for an experienced Development Director to join our team in Seattle! This position is focused on strategy and execution of grant development and acquisition. Our ideal candidate will have a proven success record in securing grants in excess of $500,000 from private and corporate foundations as well as corporate giving entities, both locally and nationally.
- Conduct research and document environmental scans to determine potential funders that map to CFC research, program development, and other projects.
- Reach out to and establish meetings with corporate, foundation and government funders.
- Position CFC within the foundation community as a trusted, evidence-based, successful social enterprise that is operating at scale.
- Create and maintain a grants/reports tracking tool that includes funders in various stages of the pipeline, timelines for cultivation/stewardship, action steps, deadlines for proposals, reports, and invoice/fiscal year agreements, etc.
- Work with multiple departments to prepare grant proposals, budgets, value propositions, reports, and any other necessary documents.
- Work with our public relations manager to establish strategies that build visibility for CFC among funder audiences.
- Write and edit project briefs, LOIs, and other pre-meeting and “leave behind” materials.
- Work toward monthly and annual revenue goals and benchmark progress toward those goals.
For more information and to apply, go here: http://www.cfchildren.org/careers/development-director/