Days for Girls International is seeking a Communications Consultant. This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial, dynamic individual to lead the communications effort for a growing organization.
ABOUT DAYS FOR GIRLS INTERNATIONAL
Days for Girls is dedicated to creating a more free, dignified, and educated world, through providing lasting access to feminine hygiene solutions and health education. Through Days for Girls programs, women, and girls discover their potential and self-value, are equal participants and agents of social change, and are given opportunities to thrive, grow and contribute to their community’s betterment while creating access to feminine hygiene for others.
Days for Girls is a rapidly growing organization. Since 2008, DfG has reached over 800,000 women and girls in over 100 countries. DfG currently has enterprise programs operating in over 15 countries. DfG is the winner of the 2015 African SEED Award for Gender Equity and Entrepreneurship, is a winner of the 2017 Classy Award, has been featured at the 2015-17 UN Commission on the Status of Women, and was named by the Huffington Post as a ‘Next Ten’ Organization poised to change the world in the next decade.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Days for Girls has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Consultant to raise the profile of the organization, create a cohesive message across all communications channels, and further the mission through creating a greater level of public support for women and girls to have health and hygiene solutions.
This position is one which emphasizes content creation; Days for Girls is seeking a communications professional with a strong background in design and copy-writing, who can ensure DfG’s public-facing content exemplifies the organization’s global impact and builds support for DfG’s approach.
- Manage communications across all social media channels, which involves devising a cohesive messaging strategy and creating content to align with that strategy
- Manage social media strategy for fundraising campaigns and important events
- Design and draft public-facing products and other documents
- Update DfG website as needed
- Design and draft monthly DfG newsletter
- Work with CEO and Chief Development Officer to design and draft other materials as needed
- Background in global health, gender, international development, or related field.
- High level of proficiency across design platforms
- Web design a plus
The Days for Girls office is based in Bellingham. However, several DfG team members work in Seattle. This position may be based in Seattle or Bellingham.
This is a consultancy position. The compensation will be $4,000/month. If we find that this is a good fit, there is the potential for this to become a full-time position.