The Ashesi University Foundation works in partnership with Ashesi University in Ghana, a liberal arts institution striving to educate ethical, entrepreneurial leaders in Africa. The Seattle-based foundation amplifies the university’s impact by raising funds and building a global community of supporters who are dedicated to contributing to an African renaissance.
The Communications Assistant works closely with team members to engage Ashesi donors and prospects and help grow the Ashesi community. An ideal candidate will have design experience and be an excellent communicator in all mediums. This position plays a key role on a growing international team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage design and oversee production of digital and print communications, including annual report, newsletter, brochures, event invitations, and solicitation letters
· Maintain foundation website
· Support Ashesi University’s social media content and manage foundation presence on Facebook and Twitter
· Provide personal updates to community members
· Work as part of the foundation team on projects to develop, cultivate and engage the Ashesi community – pitching in wherever needed
· Familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Constant Contact and WordPress (or equivalent services)
· Ability to effectively and flexibly communicate Ashesi’s mission and programs
· Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently
· Strong organizational skills
· Experience with donor database programs
· Experience writing new content for an organization
· Willingness to take on new and unfamiliar projects as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience representing an organization to a variety of stakeholders, preferably in a non-profit setting
Half-time position with full benefits (20 hours per week, flexible scheduling).
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter and resume by Friday, January 19 to Camille Smith at email@example.com; subject line: “Communications Assistant.” Cover letter should address your experience as it relates to the duties and responsibilities included in the position description, and why you are interested in working at Ashesi.