Landesa is seeking a seasoned, results-focused Chief Development Officer to develop and drive strategic fundraising initiatives in support of Landesa’s mission. Reporting to the CEO, this key role is part of the Executive Leadership team. If you seek a position that provides a profound positive impact on the world’s poorest and you enjoy working with a collaborative, mission-driven, and solutions-driven team, please read on.
Landesa is an international nonprofit, founded in 1981, and dedicated to ending global poverty by securing land rights for the world’s poorest. Landesa has worked in 50 countries throughout the world, with US offices in Seattle and Washington, DC, and global offices in China, India, Myanmar, and Tanzania. The organization is widely supported by partners, including NGOs, foundations, donor agencies (USAID, World Bank, etc.), world leaders, educational institutions and individual supporters throughout the world. Landesa is known for its advancement of pro-poor, gender-sensitive land rights reforms that have helped alleviate poverty, reduce hunger, and ease conflict over land for more than 120 million women and men. The Chief Development Officer must share Landesa’s values, demonstrate commitment to its mission, be passionate about those in poverty, and believe gender equality and land rights matter.
In this role, you will:
- Drive Landesa’s mission by developing, managing, and implementing comprehensive, strategic fundraising plan
- Partner across the organization and with donors, potential donors, and Board members to leverage networks and resources and build the fundraising pipeline
- Identify and pursue opportunities at a global level, partnering with in-country staff and headquarters to pursue opportunities through collaboration and a shared vision
- Engage influential people to share and support our mission
- Lead the fundraising team; hiring, developing, and directing top talent
- Manage fundraising budget in coordination with Finance and Programs teams
- Manage foundation and donor portfolios
- Provide leadership to the Board Resource Committee and other fundraising committees; offering guidance and strengthening skillsets
- Prepare and deliver reports on fundraising efforts and status
- Ensure that ambitious fundraising targets are met or exceeded
For more information and to apply go here: https://www.landesa.org/who-we-are/careers/