The Business Development Associate provides full administrative and programmatic support to the public sector business development team under Program Partnerships (P2). This individual will use broad and comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge in organizational and industry policies, procedures and practices, and serves as a facilitator who may coordinate deadlines and either handle project coordination and completion directly, or in collaboration with others.
Reporting and relationships: The Business Development Associate will report to the Senior Business Development Manager and will have a dotted line to the Chief Development Officer.
Availability: The Business Development Associate will be expected to work a standard workweek of 40 hours plus additional hours as necessary to get the job done. The position might require occasional domestic and/or international travel, however, will be based in Seattle, WA.
Essential Job Functions: Serves as key member on a two person Public Sector fundraising team, working directly with other members of the development team, and other program members throughout Landesa.
- Track donor- specific websites to acquire intelligence information on upcoming opportunities.
- Track industry websites and listservs (e.g., DevEx; FedBzOpps; Grants.gov, etc.) for lists of upcoming opportunities.
- Perform due diligence and eligibility screening on potential opportunities, communicating directly with Landesa’s donors, as needed.
- Organize, populate, and disseminate a monthly opportunity tracker.
- Manage, organize and maintain program upkeep, including external database registrations, government registrations, memberships, subscriptions and qualifications.
- Support the development of proposals for public sector opportunities by providing organizational, staffing and proposal specific documentation, as needed.
- Assists in the entry of partners, opportunities and communications in Raiser’s Edge, our client database.
- Create and maintain international information knowledge management systems to organize partner, donor, staff, project and opportunity information.
- Lead special projects, initiatives or campaigns related to public sector donor programming and Landesa’s programmatic work.
- Support, as needed, the program partnership team as an active member of a larger development team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A deep commitment to the mission of a better, safer future for the world’s poorest people through land ownership and secure land rights.
- Knowledge of or interest in international development donors and donor programming.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, in face paced environment.
- Ability to work with remote teams and independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams regardless of role within team and to proactively seek ways to contribute to team success.
- Strong communication and writing skills; Proficiency using Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other software.
- Dedication and persistence working in a mission-driven environment as a constructive, solutions-oriented problem solver.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Economics, Finance, Political Science or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Two or more years of related work or internship experience.
- Experience working or living internationally preferred.
- Experience or interest working in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments.
For more information and to register, go here.