Volunteers and Interns
Volunteers power much of Global Washington’s work. They bring strong skills, great commitment and energy to our organization. We welcome their contributions and gratefully acknowledge the value they bring to our work.
Unpaid internships and volunteer opportunities are available to university students (undergrad and post-grad) as well as other interested individuals.
Volunteer and Intern Responsibilities
- Writing and editing materials for newsletters and blogs
- Basic graphic design work for online and print
- Planning, staffing, blogging and photography at events
- Upkeep of online events calendar, career center and legislative index
- Data entry and database management
- Strong writing skills
- Dependable, with solid professional and interpersonal skills
- Experience in research and data collection
- Comfortable working independently
- Knowledge of and interest in global development issues
Hours: A minimum of 12 hours per week
Duration: A minimum 3 months commitment
We’d love to have you here, but there are other great organizations that could use your skills, as well! If we are not the right fit, please consider volunteering with one of our member organizations. Volunteer positions are periodically posted on our online Careers in Development Center.